Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

flight attendants taking 1st class cookies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flight attendants taking 1st class cookies

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Dovster
No, I am not special. I suspect that many who posted in this thread think that they are special and, therefore, cannot be deprived of their cookies.
But that's the thing, it's not a question of people being deprived of their cookies or bananas, it's of employees not following correct operating procedure (assuming that's what's happening here).

If an FA takes food intended for FC passengers for personal use, it's no different than a "Shena" GA upgrading a friend over a customer, or any other situation where a limited resource is not allocated according to the rules. Most employees obviously aren't doing this, but the handful who are do a disservice to their peers, their company, and their customers, and should be reported/retrained/released.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.

I have loved reading these posts this morning. I am sick in bed and having a good laugh..

Last edited by Esltroy; Aug 15, 2014 at 7:45 am Reason: trying to upload photo...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:14 pm

Thumbs down Think before you speak

I am highly upset by some of the comments posted on here. Please be minded of the plain and simple fact that the flight attendant you are speaking of could very well be your friend or mother or family member. It irritates me to the point that I have to comment about this. My very close friend works as a f/a and she told me that they have crew meals for some flights. They are provided with their very own crew meals ( some containing cookies) Shame on you for judging or thinking that that poor soul is "stealing" Do you even know what these employees have to go through in order to get their jobs. God forbid something were to go wrong you would depend on that fat ... flight attendant cookie monster. Mind you damn business , its that simple. Ask if you aren't sure instead of coming on some forum to vent. Get over yourself...
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by manny90210
Instead of coming on some forum to vent. Get over yourself...

Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I apologize but I had to "bump" this thread as I thought the following story was fitting for this topic.

On Sunday I'm flying ATL-PWM, the final leg on the way home, living the dream in a luxurious EC aisle seat when I notice the FA, after passing the snack basket around to the FC passengers for the third time, walking to the back of the plane with about 3 kit kats in her hand. GASP!!! ZOMG the world is ending I thought, won't this be a great story to tell on FT. I turn around to watch exactly where she is going and wouldn't you know, she's handing out the candy to children seated in coach. How about that!! I thought it was a very nice thing for her to do. What say you FT?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I apologize but I had to "bump" this thread as I thought the following story was fitting for this topic.

On Sunday I'm flying ATL-PWM, the final leg on the way home, living the dream in a luxurious EC aisle seat when I notice the FA, after passing the snack basket around to the FC passengers for the third time, walking to the back of the plane with about 3 kit kats in her hand. GASP!!! ZOMG the world is ending I thought, won't this be a great story to tell on FT. I turn around to watch exactly where she is going and wouldn't you know, she's handing out the candy to children seated in coach. How about that!! I thought it was a very nice thing for her to do. What say you FT?
Just as long as she is not handing out the Woodfords to kids in coach.

Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just as long as she is not handing out the Woodfords to kids in coach.

If its a screaming child I think I'd turn a blind eye to a shot of whiskey finding its way into a sippy cup
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:37 pm

...Post Removed...

Last edited by usa18dca; Apr 3, 2015 at 7:17 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I turn around to watch exactly where she is going and wouldn't you know, she's handing out the candy to children seated in coach. How about that!! I thought it was a very nice thing for her to do. What say you FT?
Very nice gesture. And perhaps unbeknownst to the FA a fantastic way to indoctrinate children at a young age to think favorably of Delta airlines. Bravo FA. Good job.

P.S. If I sneak extra snack basket treats into my carry on luggage shouldn't the FA's have the same privilege without condemnation? I've got about a weeks worth of Biscoffs in the pantry. Winter is coming!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Well... I'm sure the Woodford was going to the NRSAs in the back.
hah, I was seated next to an NRSA on this flight and she was on her best behavior and just happy to have a middle seat to get home. I think I might have scared her with my enthusiasm for Delta & the FF program lol but now I have a GA friend at my home airport. The dream!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:13 am

...Post Removed...

Last edited by usa18dca; Apr 3, 2015 at 7:16 am
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I promise you not all of us NRSAs or Employees bite.

Well I'll bite if it's into a dancing deer cookie.
How about if we ask for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.