Wiki Posts
Search

Go Round Asia Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Go Round Asia Pass

Got an e-mail about the Go Round Asia and Southwest Pacific Pass this morning. It appears there are other "regional" travel passes. Anyone ever use these?

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=20295&item=124565
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by gator21
No but on my bucket list.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
IIRC the other alliances have something similar with a circle pacific that also includes TPAC flights.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I used a Pacific Circle business class fare once on PMNW. It was similar to a RTW fare and allowed JAL and QF flights as well as QF lounge access even for domestic flights, so it was great. It was also cheaper than pricing the flights to and within Australia that I needed. [At first, I was going to connect through Guam on CO but the flight schedules for that were bad, so I went through Japan and unfortunately had to change terminals at NRT, which can be the cost of mixing carriers from different alliances onto connections.]

IIRC DL has had some unpublicized passes for DL or SkyTeam short haul flights in the area of one's destination when purchased with a long haul international DL ticket. The prices are good if the scheme works for you and you can find the right fare class inventory, but there can also be some flexibility advantages.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:58 pm

Interesting. New Zealand is on my list to visit next year, but I had discounted using DL to make the trip happen given the lack of connections and redemption issues with KE.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:04 pm

Interesting. Does anybody know the cost of each pass? I know the Europe pass had a flat rate per segment depending on mileage between the cities, but it seems this one is "up to 10 cities as long as you're below this mileage".
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
So what do they cost? Kind of hard to decide if it is good or bad w/o numbers.

Seams like the routing can not be changed (only dates/flights), that can be an issue.

The start/stop in same country is a pain, you have to plan a big circle trip with it, not just an arc.

Wish they would post more hard details.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I remember the passes as being something like $X for four one ways and $Y per additional one way up to a total of ten but this was a while ago. I also might be confusing the passes available to foreign (European) residents for USA domestic flights.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:30 pm

How does one book these passes? It does not look like it is possible to do it online. Do I do it over the phone and eat the $25 direct ticketing charge?

Also, do these passes earn MQMs and MQDs? (assuming I travel on 006 ticket stock of course)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by airindia787
How does one book these passes? It does not look like it is possible to do it online. Do I do it over the phone and eat the $25 direct ticketing charge?

Also, do these passes earn MQMs and MQDs? (assuming I travel on 006 ticket stock of course)
Absolutely they do. The pass however, is also subject to the 75,000 mile limit. So, if you spend 10,000 on your RTW Business class ticket, you will cap out at 75,000 miles....What about pricing?

Last edited by DL2SXM; Jul 31, 2014 at 7:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.