Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I think I am ready to give up on LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The problem with this is that technically you are requesting reimbursement for a ticket that was refunded rather than the ticket that you actually flew. Also, employers are increasingly demanding that boarding passes be submitted with reimbursement requests. If some processing the reimbursement looks carefully, they will see the paid FC fare codes even if the employer is OK with free upgrades (and not all employers even allow this--Target is an example).
My company now knows when I get free upgrades and sends my manager "exception reports" on it. Currently, I'm not having any negative consequences, but it is interesting that they consider it an exception.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
At least the A320 is going back up to 16 FC seats.
This cannot happen soon enough.....
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by brettalb
My company now knows when I get free upgrades and sends my manager "exception reports" on it. Currently, I'm not having any negative consequences, but it is interesting that they consider it an exception.
Your colleagues need to travel more or travel smarter.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
AFAIK when you up fare, the original ticket is cancelled and credited and then a totally new ticket is issued which is paid with the credit and the traveler's credit card. It's no different than the company purchasing a ticket for an employee and then cancelling the trip and the ticket. There would be no credit toward the corporate contract/rebates/discounts. It's as if the company ticket had never been purchased, although when the employee credits the old ticket to apply toward the new one, any corporate discount that appears in the fare shown on the ticket (and actually paid by the employer) would be factored into the credit for the old ticket, so that the employee's cost to up fare might be more than the cost from the same fare code purchased normally on delta.dumb.
There must be some method they have of tracking, since other upgrade instruments like miles or GUs/RUs also trigger a reissue. The reissued ticket still references the original ticket number and value.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
I guess I don't see how it would effect cost control or corp discounts/rebates since the original ticket is booked and paid for on the corp card. Any additional revenue would be a separate unrelated transaction (at least at my company).

Anyway, nice you can fly up front for tatl/tpac. We have similar policy... domestic in Y, intl >5hrs in J.
Except that to do this requires that the ticket be taken over by Delta - which technically is a reissue - and then it falls between the cracks for the rebate program. The number one non-compliance issue tracked - and I get monthly reports - is the number of tickets booked, paid, and flown inside the system vis a vis the number not.

When a ticket is reissued, it gets paid inside the system but now falls outside the process for "booking". Hence - though attributed to the correct line as an expense, the rebate is predicated on a start to finish process. We still get the per flight negotiated discounted fare, but not the year end volume rebate which can be millions. Hence the rub. Also is what drives the need to book inside even if the cost for the ticket may be higher - in the end, its cheaper. Some folks don't quite get that.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Your colleagues need to travel more or travel smarter.
Huh??
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bicostal
Except that to do this requires that the ticket be taken over by Delta - which technically is a reissue - and then it falls between the cracks for the rebate program. The number one non-compliance issue tracked - and I get monthly reports - is the number of tickets booked, paid, and flown inside the system vis a vis the number not.

When a ticket is reissued, it gets paid inside the system but now falls outside the process for "booking". Hence - though attributed to the correct line as an expense, the rebate is predicated on a start to finish process. We still get the per flight negotiated discounted fare, but not the year end volume rebate which can be millions. Hence the rub. Also is what drives the need to book inside even if the cost for the ticket may be higher - in the end, its cheaper. Some folks don't quite get that.
So at your company, you can't even use upgrade instruments, since it technically reissues the ticket?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:17 pm

All I'm saying is if Amex can figure out how to make it work for everyone (ticket buyers, users, and approvers), Concur's customers shouldn't be satisfied with less.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lsumegan
So at your company, you can't even use upgrade instruments, since it technically reissues the ticket?
I'm wondering the same thing... as I mentioned above, mileage upgrades and SWU/GUs/RUs all trigger a reissue. Must be a difference/limitation in Concur vs however Amex does it. Probably part of the reason why in general I hate travel/expense software.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
I'm wondering the same thing... as I mentioned above, mileage upgrades and SWU/GUs/RUs all trigger a reissue. Must be a difference/limitation in Concur vs however Amex does it. Probably part of the reason why in general I hate travel/expense software.
RUs work in the system - they are used all the time and don't generate an exception - apparently they are treated as "complimentary" by the software for DOMESTC flights - the system never sees them or cares. We don't do SWUs for international as they are unnecessary.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Add the fact that the parking is a mess now and HPN has pre check I think I am going to avoid that dump LGA. My return flight has 8 open seats in F and still it is going BF.
the parking is really out of control. I solved the issue by paying ANOTHER $5 (on top of the $33) to reserve a spot, but the problem is that only works for planned trips. If you're trying to fly out in the next couple days, there are no reserved spots available.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Or you could simply purchase the service you desire. With the high level of purchased f out of lga and the mind numbing level of IRROPS, you really can't understand why there are a large number of F held til the gate?
Yawn...me thinks I've spotted a broken record...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
In our system - you CANNOT use your personal card to upfare. ALL airline charges are automatic against the Corporate Amex card. Period. IF you have Delta pull the res to their side to allow you to do as you suggest it is out of compliance. Sorry - but there is at least one Fortune 100 company where it is NOT possible to upfare to FC when on business travel.

Its not an opinion, it is a fact.
Make that 2 (unless we work for the same Company.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by scottsam66
Yawn...me thinks I've spotted a broken record...
WFBF^

Yawn.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by lsumegan
Huh??
If brettalb's upgrades are exceptions, then the colleagues aren't getting any or many upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.