Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Want to use Elite Plus status from China Airlines, but get Delta miles.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to use Elite Plus status from China Airlines, but get Delta miles.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Question Want to use Elite Plus status from China Airlines, but get Delta miles.

Hi All:

I have some flights to EUR. Flights are booked with Delta and some are operated by KLM. I have Emerald status on China Airlines = Skyteam Elite Plus. The tickets are X class. With China Airlines, those will amount to zero miles. On Delta, I do get miles.

The catch 22 is that I would like to get the benefits from skyteam elite plus status (lounge, seating, etc.) on the flights, but I do not want to lose the miles from the flight as China will give me Zero. I tried asking for status match on Delta, but they don't match skyteam members.

Any other ideas? Please help. Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Credit to DL and try to use your CA Emerald card to get into the lounges?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Just Credit Miles to Delta

I don't understand why this is a problem. Just enter your Delta ff number when buying the ticket. Your Skyteam Gold Status is independent of what ff program you happen to be crediting to. Anything that showing ST Gold+, like your China Airlines emerald card, should be enough for expedited boarding, club entrance, etc. The lounge people should only care that you are flying a Skyteam member carrier, which China Airlines is.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I don't understand why this is a problem. Just enter your Delta ff number when buying the ticket. Your Skyteam Gold Status is independent of what ff program you happen to be crediting to. Anything that showing ST Gold+, like your China Airlines emerald card, should be enough for expedited boarding, club entrance, etc. The lounge people should only care that you are flying a Skyteam member carrier, which China Airlines is.
The card will be enough for expedited boarding and priority seating? That doesn't sound right.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think to get preferred seats, the system needs to recognize your status so you'd need the appropriate FF# entered. Might be able to enter it, let the system recognize your status so you can pick seats, then change the number. Risk is that something happens and you lose your preferred seats. To get in the lounge should just need the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.