Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why does Delta think cold eggs for breakfast are appetizing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA

This morning's breakfast offering in F on 1969 ABQ/ATL was cold egg salad on a croissant. Most of the pax around me seemed surprised it wasn't hot, or at least warm. The FA was very apologetic and offered to heat it, but that just made it taste worse. It would have been better to eat the cereal dry. How often does Delta change the menu?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Was it egg salad or scrambled eggs?

Egg salad is most definitely meant to be served cold.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
This is surprising, as ABQ seems to be catered by a concession in the airport... I have had some great salads out of there.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
I enjoy that meal for breakfast
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL GM
I had a cold egg salad wrap once for breakfast on JFK sea. It was not bad as I remember.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
This is not normal and is probably due to the airport that you left from. As Crazyhotelguy mentioned, I think it is catered by a concession at the airport. I think this means they are not equipped to provide meals that are prepared & packaged for on board heating but rather only food that is ready to serve. In order for food to be heated, I think it needs to come from an airline catering service.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: DL DM
.....I've NEVER heard of hot egg salad.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:58 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by bubbashow
.....I've NEVER heard of hot egg salad.
I have. Unfortunately, it's been in the case of food-borne illness.

The best breakfasts I've had on flights have been on German carriers. Hard-boiled eggs, cold cuts and cheese are REALLY hard to mess up, even in the air as there's nothing to reheat.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by us2
I have. Unfortunately, it's been in the case of food-borne illness.

The best breakfasts I've had on flights have been on German carriers. Hard-boiled eggs, cold cuts and cheese are REALLY hard to mess up, even in the air as there's nothing to reheat.
yikes....I love egg salad going down. Can't think of much worse coming up./

Agreed on the EU breakfasts. Good stuff...protein....easy.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta Plat; AA; UA; USAir; HHonors; Priority Club
I wonder if it was the Lox and Egg Salad breakfast. The meal was a small egg salad slider type sandwich and a Lox slider type sandwich with the normal fruit and yogurt breakfast. I think it was really good.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by us2
Totally agree. Would be nice to see these in the Sky Clubs as well instead of the gas station style carb fest they current offer.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
This morning's breakfast offering in F on 1969 ABQ/ATL was cold egg salad on a croissant. Most of the pax around me seemed surprised it wasn't hot, or at least warm. The FA was very apologetic and offered to heat it, but that just made it taste worse. It would have been better to eat the cereal dry. How often does Delta change the menu?
Most of the people around you would have rathered hot egg salad? That sounds very unappetizing.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by kmovies
I wonder if it was the Lox and Egg Salad breakfast. The meal was a small egg salad slider type sandwich and a Lox slider type sandwich with the normal fruit and yogurt breakfast. I think it was really good.
I'm surprised this was the breakfast on this flight though... I'm used to getting it on "exception" meal flights like ATL-LGA or ORD-LGA (which are below the 900 mile threshold but still get meals), but on regular breakfast flights (like LGA-MSP, LGA-MSY), it's always been the sausage egg & cheese wrap (hot) or cereal & bagel tray (both with fruit and yogurt)...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
sounds really disgusting
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
sounds really disgusting
Egg salad in general?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.