Delta Studio

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Still, even 50 people streaming at once will clog up servers. Unless the servers can handle that capacity. DLCorpGuy, can you confirm?
Already been done. That's how AVOD already works today on most airlines (and has for many years). The content is streamed from a "server" somewhere on the plane. The two differences with the DL Studio are A) BYOD (Bring your own device) and B) Wifi.

I actually think A is harder than B, because there are tons of different devices out there to support. Wifi is a standard, and as long as they survey and spec the coverage correctly, that part will be fairly easy.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Wife has an iPod. I have a Chromebook. It's not clear to me whether a special app needs to be pre-loaded on our devices before we fly -- or if the movies and music stream thru our already-installed web browsers like YouTube does.
There is a gogo video player app on itunes -- I believe you need that.

Delta website claims the DELTA IPAD APP will also work, but the IPAD app sucks, so I've downloaded the gogo player just in case.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ream.html#list
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
ENTERTAINMENT ON DEMAND DOESN’T SUPPORT YOUR BROWSER OR DEVICE.

You can access Entertainment On Demand using one of the compatible browsers or devices below.
Please note: 64 bit browsers are not supported.

Really? Do I need to carry my Commadore 64 to watch movies?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
ENTERTAINMENT ON DEMAND DOESN’T SUPPORT YOUR BROWSER OR DEVICE.

You can access Entertainment On Demand using one of the compatible browsers or devices below.
Please note: 64 bit browsers are not supported.

Really? Do I need to carry my Commadore 64 to watch movies?
What browser are you using? I know if you are using the desktop version of Internet Explorer 11, you need to disable Enhanced Protected Mode. To do so, go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced, and under Security, uncheck Enable Enhanced Protected Mode.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Tried Delta Studio this morning, PHX-ATL on an old 757.

I couldn't get it to work on my iPhone, so I used my laptop running Firefox.

Downloading the browser plug-in took about 10 seconds. I then restarted my browser and the movie library popped up. There was no verification of seat assignment, class of service, name, email, etc. It was a very quick start-up.

Most movies and TV shows are between $1 and $6. There is some free content, also.

There are no advertisements when the movies begin to stream which is a plus. The content is not in HD, but that's not a big deal on a 13" laptop screen.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by phenobarbital
Just to be clear. There will be FREE options in economy, just more selection in EC and BE.

I assume it will ask for seat number and last name. Or perhaps they will integrate it with the delta APP?
System is working well for TUL-ATL this morning. Went to a sample movie and the charge was $6 or put in your first and last name with seat number and then the movie became free (if you were in J, F ,or EC). You do need to download the gogo video app beforehand or pay for gogo to download it (I paid and it downloaded fairly quickly for a 5mb app). Went back to the Studio web page and clicked play and the movie started playing in the new app. No lag, good quality, and rewind and fast forward work great.

All in all, this is a great enhancement.

(For reference, This was all on an Ipad Mini)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
This is a great feature!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I was able to watch the first 15 minutes of "Her" today on my flight from ATL to CAE. I thought I remembered seeing this would only be available on flights over 1.5 hours, but I gave it a try and it worked. I had the same experience as turnpike did above. Opened the Gogo splash page, selected a movie, put in my name and seat number, and then it opened via the Fly Delta iPad app. The movie buffered once 15 seconds in, but after that it streamed perfectly with a good quality image.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Apologize if this has been asked. Read on Delta and could not find the answer. Do you have to pay for Gogo internet service to stream Delta Studio?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by puntamita
Apologize if this has been asked. Read on Delta and could not find the answer. Do you have to pay for Gogo internet service to stream Delta Studio?
no

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...html#streaming
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I was able to use Delta Studio on my ATL - SJC flight tonight. It was great once I figured out how to select movies and then view them. It's a little odd since you select the movies in your internet browser (Safari on iPad) and then play the movie using the Fly Delta app. But, the streaming was great and there were no hiccups in the streaming.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
I was able to watch the first 15 minutes of "Her" today on my flight from ATL to CAE. I thought I remembered seeing this would only be available on flights over 1.5 hours, but I gave it a try and it worked. I had the same experience as turnpike did above. Opened the Gogo splash page, selected a movie, put in my name and seat number, and then it opened via the Fly Delta iPad app. The movie buffered once 15 seconds in, but after that it streamed perfectly with a good quality image.
I noticed that the iOS DL app updated yesterday includes the movie feature so you did not use the Gogo video app but just DL's app?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
I noticed that the iOS DL app updated yesterday includes the movie feature so you did not use the Gogo video app but just DL's app?
You can use either one. When selecting a movie for the first time, it bring up both options and if you have either one installed, you click on the corresponding logo and that app will open up and start playing the movie.

Update on service. On our LAX-HNL GoGo equipped 757 tonight, as soon as GoGo service ended 10 or so minutes into the flight, I could no longer watch any movies. So it still needs internet service to do something, but hopefully that will change soon or we just had a glitch in our system.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Delta Studio didn't work on my BOS-SLC flight today even though Gogo was working fine. I tried on my laptop and iPhone and got the same error message on both:

ENTERTAINMENT ON DEMAND IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
We're upgrading this service to offer a better user experience. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please look for Entertainment On Demand on your next flight.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
LAS-ATL last night in F; worked fine. Select movie in browser, movies in First and EC are free, login with name and seat number to verify, then it opens/plays in the GoGo Player app .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.