Flying AF marketed AF - delta miles?

Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles member
Flying AF marketed AF - delta miles?

Hello, I have an upcoming multi-stop international trip on AF marketed by AF and stand to earn about 19k MQM and probably 38k miles on this trip by delta's program, as I am flying premium economy on the a380 (first time)

1) should I register to become a flying blue member? Would I earn MQM/mileage on both airlines? I don't want to lose out on what I would earn from delta.

2) I hear AF offers upgrades for discounted cash 7 days before flight? Anyone know anything about this? My first flight is lax to cdg, I.e. I would love to upgrade to business from pe...or any other advice on how best to do this?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
0) How do you calculate 38,000 miles? have you checked what your AF fare class earns on DL? Do you have elite status with DL?

1) You can join FB but you can't credit your trip to both programs.

2) Sometimes AF does this but I don't think it's as early as T - 7. IIRC there's a thread about the process in the AF forum.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
0) How do you calculate 38,000 miles? have you checked what your AF fare class earns on DL? Do you have elite status with DL?

1) You can join FB but you can't credit your trip to both programs.

2) Sometimes AF does this but I don't think it's as early as T - 7. IIRC there's a thread about the process in the AF forum.
Base miles = 15,262, + 50% for having an "S" fare on AF marketed, = 7,631 , grand total 22,893 miles earned

Add the gold medallion bonus, I end up getting 45,786...more than I thought

I could be wrong, that's how I interpret things, under the new program, I won't get as much, I know
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

50% on MQM bonus , 25% on miles, my mistake

So I'll earn 38k miles as originally thought
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
3816 (25% class bonus) and 15262 (gold bonus) would make 34340 miles (and 19078 MQM's) when ticketed on Delta
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
A word of advice: keep ALL of your boarding passes. I nearly lost out on AF flight CDG-IAD (purchased through Delta) because AF never listed me as checked in. Delta would not credit me since AF computer said I missed the flight. I had to fax my boarding pass to prove I took the flight. AF miles also have a tendency to disappear/reappear from you account for several weeks so keep track of them.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Denal1
I had to fax my boarding pass to prove I took the flight.
Funny. How does having a BP prove you took the flight?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Funny. How does having a BP prove you took the flight?
The boarding pass showed I checked in. AF had re-issued the ticket because I purchased the original through Delta and had Delta ticket number. They re-issued my ticket (without asking/telling me) so that I had AF ticket number. That is why I lost all of my seat assignments for my 5 segments. By having the AF boarding pass they could then run the ticket number to prove that I did indeed take the flight home and didn't teleport.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:24 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Denal1
The boarding pass showed I checked in. AF had re-issued the ticket because I purchased the original through Delta and had Delta ticket number. They re-issued my ticket (without asking/telling me) so that I had AF ticket number. That is why I lost all of my seat assignments for my 5 segments. By having the AF boarding pass they could then run the ticket number to prove that I did indeed take the flight home and didn't teleport.
I just meant in general. Just having a BP really doesn't prove that you boarded and flew at all!

<whispering - - I think you teleported>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.