Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Personal video monitor didn't work for international flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal video monitor didn't work for international flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by mother-
They give $150/15k for broken AVOD in BE nowadays seemingly regardless of flight length.

That however does nothing to help you pass the time on the aircraft, so I always carry a Kindle paperwhite with unread books on it...
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Should have flown Virgin Australia, better experience.

But for dead IFE, 15,000 miles for ATL to GIG. Econ Com as a GM.
Thank you both for the info.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:30 pm
F 1

What kind of compensation would DL offer to a non-status paid EC customer? It was my first DL experience and the entire plane had no IFE for nearly 14 hours. I was crediting this flight to AS points as opposed to DL.

Like others in this thread, I brought no personal entertainment and spent 14 hours staring at the wall. Lesson learned.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Similar Experience on 8/30/14 SEA to HKG

Originally Posted by F 1
What kind of compensation would DL offer to a non-status paid EC customer? It was my first DL experience and the entire plane had no IFE for nearly 14 hours. I was crediting this flight to AS points as opposed to DL.

Like others in this thread, I brought no personal entertainment and spent 14 hours staring at the wall. Lesson learned.
This happened for my flight on Saturday...14 hours without entertainment....I didn't bring any either and was looking forwarding to catching up on movies that I haven't seen.

To Delta's credit, there was an email waiting for me when I arrived in HKG indicating that 12k miles were added to my account for the inconvenience. I am a temporary Medallion Gold member and was completing my status match flights in economy.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I received a reply back from Delta (LAX to SYD, EC, Gold). They added 15k miles to my account for the inconvenience.

Last edited by nichelle; Sep 3, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:11 am
F 1

I have no status with either DL or AS, so I wonder if the 15k compensation will still be offered?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by F 1
I have no status with either DL or AS, so I wonder if the 15k compensation will still be offered?
They will either offer you a voucher, or a choice selection of crappy gift cards.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Originally Posted by F 1
They will either offer you a voucher, or a choice selection of crappy gift cards.
Crappy indeed.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by HenryE1005
This happened for my flight on Saturday...14 hours without entertainment....I didn't bring any either and was looking forwarding to catching up on movies that I haven't seen.

To Delta's credit, there was an email waiting for me when I arrived in HKG indicating that 12k miles were added to my account for the inconvenience. I am a temporary Medallion Gold member and was completing my status match flights in economy.
Hi Henry,

I was on the same flight - also delayed due to mechanial. I only got 10,000 miles in my account. Could you confirm if you actually got 12,000? I'd be interested to know how they determine how many miles they give each passenger...

I was the guy (tall who looked like - and perhaps acted, at times - like a complete a$$hole) that kept walking up to the front. I was trying to get off and take another flight but they didn't let me.

Hello mbwmbw,

RE: Case Number XXXXXXXX

I’m very sorry our video system wasn’t working in your row onboard Flight 281 on August 30 from Seattle. This must have been disappointing, since watching a good movie or listening to nice music would have made your flight much more enjoyable. We check all of our systems (including the entertainment system) after each flight so that we can document defects and fix them as quickly as possible.

You’re important to us, and as a goodwill gesture I’ve deposited 10,000 bonus miles to your account. Please allow three business days for the mileage to be posted.

Thank you for continuing to choose Delta. We look forward to seeing you on another Delta flight.

Regards,

Jason Hausner
Director, Customer Care
Regards,

mbwmbw
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Confirming 10k will be added

Hello,

I just read the email again...I guess I was bleary eyed when I read it after arrival in Macau--it does say 10k. Either way, 10 or 12k doesn't seem like a lot when you were expecting some good entertainment on a 14 hour flight.

Btw, I didn't notice you--so it must not have been as bad as you thought! What other flight would you have been able to take?

Henry

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Hi Henry,

I was on the same flight - also delayed due to mechanial. I only got 10,000 miles in my account. Could you confirm if you actually got 12,000? I'd be interested to know how they determine how many miles they give each passenger...

I was the guy (tall who looked like - and perhaps acted, at times - like a complete a$$hole) that kept walking up to the front. I was trying to get off and take another flight but they didn't let me.

Regards,

mbwmbw
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by HenryE1005
Hello,

I just read the email again...I guess I was bleary eyed when I read it after arrival in Macau--it does say 10k. Either way, 10 or 12k doesn't seem like a lot when you were expecting some good entertainment on a 14 hour flight.

Btw, I didn't notice you--so it must not have been as bad as you thought! What other flight would you have been able to take?

Henry
Well I was very polite and told them the Delta app offered me SEA-ATL-NRT-HKG... They told me that despite the door being open I couldn't get off. I stated that I believed if the door was still open (and connected to the jet bridge) it was Delta's policy to allow customers to deboard. I requested a red coat but told them that if I was in any way delaying the departure of the plane because of it to just let me know and I'd sit down and we'd be underway. Finally they said they are good to go so I just sat down.

Where were you sitting?

Regards,

mbwmbw
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well I was very polite and told them the Delta app offered me SEA-ATL-NRT-HKG... They told me that despite the door being open I couldn't get off. I stated that I believed if the door was still open (and connected to the jet bridge) it was Delta's policy to allow customers to deboard. I requested a red coat but told them that if I was in any way delaying the departure of the plane because of it to just let me know and I'd sit down and we'd be underway. Finally they said they are good to go so I just sat down.

Where were you sitting?

Regards,

mbwmbw
One feature I like of DL- the reroute.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:41 pm
F 1

Well to update you on my situation, this was my first DL flight and I had signed up for Alaska's program when I booked these flights. Upon writing an email to DL I was offered 7500 miles as compensation for no IFE on the outbound leg. The only trouble was I don't collect skymiles, I was crediting my flights to Alaska. And I am not a frequent flyer by any means. So 7500 miles in an otherwise dormant account had no value to me. Given though it was a take it or leave it situation, they agreed upon request to remove the actual miles flown from Alaska and repost them to DL instead, so now I have the flights plus the bonus miles in one account (approx 21k miles).
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Hi Henry,

Regards,

mbwmbw

That had to be quoted for posterity....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.