Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many miles will I get ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:42 am
Original Poster

How Many miles will I get ?

Just bought a ticket for a trip from WAS to BOM via JED on Saudia Airlines. I have a delta Skymiles account so will be accruing miles on this.
I am flying out on December 25th 2014 and returning on January 19th. Cost approx $1000.

Now since the skymiles program changes at the end of the year, how will they calculate the earned miles:
Scenario 1 : Actual miles , currently this will add up-to 16000 miles round trip.
Scenario 2 : New Skymiles based on ticket price 5000 miles (1x5)
Scenario 3 : First leg actual miles 8000 + second leg based on price $1000/2 = 2500 miles. total 10500 miles.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by KUNALGH
Just bought a ticket for a trip from WAS to BOM via JED on Saudia Airlines. I have a delta Skymiles account so will be accruing miles on this.
I am flying out on December 25th 2014 and returning on January 19th. Cost approx $1000.

Now since the skymiles program changes at the end of the year, how will they calculate the earned miles:
Scenario 1 : Actual miles , currently this will add up-to 16000 miles round trip.
Scenario 2 : New Skymiles based on ticket price 5000 miles (1x5)
Scenario 3 : First leg actual miles 8000 + second leg based on price $1000/2 = 2500 miles. total 10500 miles.
Should be scenario 3, with a caveat.

First leg is actual miles flown (plus any bonus if applicable). Second leg will be based on price, but not specifically half of the ticket. Instead, it will be based on the price of that leg itself, dependent on reductions for taxes/ fees, etc.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Was this ticket purchased via Delta on Delta ticket stock (006)? If not, then your earnings for the return will be different as Delta will be unable to tell the dollar value of the ticket and thus cannot allocate miles based on that method. If the ticket was purchased with Saudi and on their ticket stock then it will earn based on distance and with a fare class multiplier found in this chart:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Purchased on Saudia stock and not delta. The link you sent is only valid till December 2014.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
Was this ticket purchased via Delta on Delta ticket stock (006)? If not, then your earnings for the return will be different as Delta will be unable to tell the dollar value of the ticket and thus cannot allocate miles based on that method. If the ticket was purchased with Saudi and on their ticket stock then it will earn based on distance and with a fare class multiplier found in this chart:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html
Thanks, in this case I will be getting the full 16000 miles in Jan 2015. I guess additionally delta website states that they will update how they will calculate miles off partner airlines travel later this year.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
The outbound segments will earn DL miles according to this chart: http:///www.delta.com/content/www/en...-airlines.html

For the return segments, we don't yet know exactly how mileage credit will be calculated. Per http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../airlines.html, it will still be based on distance and fare class (not based on price), but we don't know whether the SV earning chart will change.

With the 2015 SkyMiles program... Partner-marketed flights that are not ticketed by Delta will continue to earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown as determined by the fare class paid... Details about mileage earn for travel beginning January 1, 2015 will be available later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.