Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any cancelations to/from Eastern China?

Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM

Anyone on DL flights had them canceled to PVG etc?

I have a trip coming up next week, my ongoing to SGN has already been canceled. Guessing DL will have to give us a waiver on this.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's going on around Shanghai?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...more-come.html

sounds like military exercises
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM
I don't know. I'm on a trip elsewhere with no access to US TV news but I when I got a message saying my Vietnam flight was canceled I checked the China forum and someone has posted that there are hundreds of cancelations expected over the next 30 days and that maybe it's due to military exercises? I don't know any more than that or whether this is big news in the US or elsewhere.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
China is conducting live fire excercises thru mid August and has signigicantly reudced air space from 10am to 4pm every day intil August 10th.

So far, none of the SEA ot LAX flights have been delayed. A few of the NRT flights were slightly delayed.

Last week was pretty bad. The situation will have no consistencey, so had to tell when the significant delay days will occur
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
It's also typhoon season in the western Pacific. A few days ago there was one that plowed across the Philippines and made landfall in south China/north Vietnam. That could also contribute to cancelled flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.