Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BNA Doing Away with SkyPriority at Security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - DM, Ritz PM, Hertz President's Club, National Executive Elite

3 flights out of BNA in the last week and no SkyPriority line at security for any of them. I asked a TSA agent and he explained the Nashville TSA was getting rid of the SkyPriority lines at Security and only going with regular access and Pre-check. Why would Delta allow this to happen? I sent an email to the Nashville station manager asking for an explanation but thus far, no response (thank you Delta). How long will it be before this "privilege" is taken away at other airports? Is this just another way to diminish the value of Frequent Flyer Status?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:39 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
MCO, essentially, got rid of it last year. All that's left is a very negligible chance of getting ahead of a few people in line for regular security. And, the TSA agent at the SP lane also handles boarding passes for non-Priority passengers at the other side of the stanchion.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by havnfn
MCO, essentially, got rid of it last year. All that's left is a very negligible chance of getting ahead of a few people in line for regular security. And, the TSA agent at the SP lane also handles boarding passes for non-Priority passengers at the other side of the stanchion.
Heck, sounds like you just described the PreChk line at MCO
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:12 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Tsa trying to save some money I guess
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
More like DL trying to save $, since TSA doesn't control line access (generally). Private companies do.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by tkey75
Quote:

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel

More like DL trying to save $, since TSA doesn't control line access (generally). Private companies do.
Correct. Private companies in conjunction with the airport control all lines up to the TSA checkpoint.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Quote:

Originally Posted by havnfn

Heck, sounds like you just described the PreChk line at MCO
I was thinking the same thing. So glad my projects in FL are done and no more MCO for a long time (I hope)!!!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Originally Posted by labjr1
3 flights out of BNA in the last week and no SkyPriority line at security for any of them. I asked a TSA agent and he explained the Nashville TSA was getting rid of the SkyPriority lines at Security and only going with regular access and Pre-check. Why would Delta allow this to happen? I sent an email to the Nashville station manager asking for an explanation but thus far, no response (thank you Delta). How long will it be before this "privilege" is taken away at other airports? Is this just another way to diminish the value of Frequent Flyer Status?
Since Nashville has lots of Southwest flights, makes me wonder that it's going to impact those WN A-list passengers at lot more than DL pax.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
The Southwest effect? My guess is WN lobbied the airport to get rid of priority lines. They did the same thing at Terminal A when they arrived in RDU back in 1999ish. They were not successful.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by HDQDD
The Southwest effect? My guess is WN lobbied the airport to get rid of priority lines. They did the same thing at Terminal A when they arrived in RDU back in 1999ish. They were not successful.
I hope it stays that way. Keeping SW in Terminal #1 should help, too.

The Terminal #2 priority security line is a great way to save time in the morning. It's usually shorter than the PreCheck line.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - DM, Ritz PM, Hertz President's Club, National Executive Elite
Delta is still mum on the subject with absolutely no response. Typical.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Delta is still mum on the subject with absolutely no response. Typical.
I can already tell you what the response will be. They will state it was a change they made based on customer feedback, just like when they eliminated snack boxes on the HOOU, downgraded the booze in the Skyclub, changed the SDC policy, etc.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA G; DL G
I've noticed they have recently moved the Pre-Check line to be funneled into the center security checks from both entrances (WN Side and DL/UA side). I wonder if this had anything to do with it?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I'm guessing Delta more than "allowed this to happen". They intentionally chose to remove it.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
I wonder if this is a trend from TSA. At BOS Terminal A there is still a SkyPriority line, but it only funnels to the nude-o-scope while the coach (non-elite) line can go to either Pre-Check or the body scanner.

Thus, if you're Pre-Check, you can share the checkpoint with the general populace from the coach line (slowing it down since most people coming over from the coach line are not familiar with the process ) while the SkyPriority line has no chance to get to the Pre-Check checkpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.