Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DM flying on DL flight operated by Air France

Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

What can I expect in terms of seat selection? From what I understand, my fare class will not allow Premium Economy. Guess that means standard Economy?

The flight is on an A380-800.

Apologies if this has been covered before.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Premium Economy is an entirely separate cabin on AF. No dice on that one. Some people have reported success getting preferred economy seats. If there's one thing I've learned you're guaranteed with AF, it's that they will screw with your seat assignments.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO
I'm being told by the Delta Diamond rep that AF assigns premium seats on day of departure only. I've been on hold for over an hour. What a snafu. How does everyone else deal with this? Never again.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A search on <'af', assignment> will find threads that outline some self-help strategies.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...f-atl-cdg.html
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Call AF directly (their number is on airfrance.us) with your AF confirmation number (that the diamond line will give you). You should get access to preferred seating as Skyteam elite plus. On the 380, that could mean the back of the upper deck with nice 2 seaters on sides and privacy feel due to small size cabin.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL FO
I've been lurking here for ages, but figure this is as good a time as any to start posting... I'm flying IAD-CDG in a few weeks, on AF but booked through Delta. At the time of booking, DL was showing tons of availability in preferred seats, but they weren't available for selection after booking. I was able to select a non-preferred aisle seat on the upper deck for my outbound flight, and i'm pretty content with that. Unfortunately, there were only two seats available on my return flight, both middle seats at the back of the plane. I selected one of the middle seats, then immediately called the FO phone number. I told the rep I had just booked, but was not able to select a preferred seat. It took a few minutes, but he was able to put me in a seat in the preferred section. My set assignment shows as confirmed when I access the reservation on the AF website, so I assume/hope it's all set.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
I'm being told by the Delta Diamond rep that AF assigns premium seats on day of departure only. I've been on hold for over an hour. What a snafu. How does everyone else deal with this? Never again.
Just have AF follow you an tweet. Works just fine. Not to EC but exit row or other seats that is.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:14 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Don't tell them you have status with delta and you might get a better seat lol
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: Delta DM MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Premium Economy is an entirely separate cabin on AF. No dice on that one. Some people have reported success getting preferred economy seats. If there's one thing I've learned you're guaranteed with AF, it's that they will screw with your seat assignments.
This!! Recently completed 5 segments as DM on AF. Two were IAD-CDG on A380. Not once did I end up in the seat I picked more than 6 months ago. Seems to be the norm at AF.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
I usually fly AF XATL because of Premium Economy. Although I have minor status (FO) on DL I always book directly with AF (MQDs are irrelevant for me) and am always able to grab a seat when booking. Unlike coach, that seat does seem to stick.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Denal1
This!! Recently completed 5 segments as DM on AF. Two were IAD-CDG on A380. Not once did I end up in the seat I picked more than 6 months ago. Seems to be the norm at AF.
I had no problems with AF ATL-CDG-IST in April on a BE ticket. I could see the same seat on DL com. I also found CDG so easy now to transit that I will be happy to go there and avoid the long walks at AMS.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
I had no problems with AF ATL-CDG-IST in April on a BE ticket. I could see the same seat on DL com. I also found CDG so easy now to transit that I will be happy to go there and avoid the long walks at AMS.
Same here, I've had no recent issues with seat assignments, though I think it's good to go to AF.com and check your seats now and then. Using my DL PNR on AF.com, I had no issue accessing my reservation. I also made a change to a DL-metal flight via DL, and the change was reflected on AF.com within minutes. This has greatly improved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.