Wiki Posts
Search

DL operated by AS - Precheck?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
DL operated by AS - Precheck?

Just booked a roundtrip, DCA-LAX-OAK-LAX-DCA, with the LAX-OAK (and reverse) portions on Delta, but the cross country flight is on AS 5, DCA-LAX, but I booked on DL.com as DL 9250.

I'll be fine on the return because my first segment (OAK-LAX) is a DL flight, so I can just check in with DL and my precheck will appear. But when flying AS DCA-LAX, I assume I will check in with Alaska, correct?

With this being the case, will my precheck (realizing it's never 100%, but if we could not split hairs) be seen when I check in on Alaska with my skymiles number? My known traveler number is obviously on my DL account, but I don't even have an Alaska account, so what will happen when I check in for AS?

And on a side note, will my Platinum Amex still get me into the DCA Sky Club on this DCA-LAX-OAK itinerary?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You will check in with AS. I highly doubt your known traveler # will transfer to AS. What you need to do is find the AS PNR (which you can get by calling Alaska), go to your reservation on the AS website using that PNR, and add your known traveler # there.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
If it is a DL codeshare booked through delta.dumb, I think the KTN should be attached giving you precheck. But, I could be wrong in this.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Also, if a codeshare, you should still check in for full itin with DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.