Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rwoman
Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse

Upper floor around Gate 60, near the middle of the "Y". Same area where the AF lounge used to be. Plan your walk to the gate, the DL departure gate might be a bit of a walk.

Access:
Delta BusinessElite, DM, PM, and GM are now offered access to the VS Clubhouse in HKG. At check in, the agent will provide a pass on the same cardstock used for boarding passes.

Operating hours:
As of 29 Aug 2014, hours are 0600-2300.

Food/Beverage:
There is no self service. Plenty of staff to take orders though!

Shower:
From the way the doors are laid out, there are two. I got the same shower twice. Limited toiletry amenities.

Photos:
rwoman's photos of the lounge - LINK
Print Wikipost

Virgin Atlantic HKG Clubhouse Access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Andrito
Sorry if someone mentioned this, I could not see it in the thread. Are PM/DMs allowed to access the Clubhouse on arrival?

I am doing a VS flight JFK-LHR but then connecting to BA for an intra-Europe flight.
No, I would not expect them to give you access.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by rwoman
Good morning from the VS Clubhouse at HKG!

My sister (GM) and I are in Y/EC and were given lounge passes at check in.

No issues whatsoever getting in with our BP and the pass. I'll post pics later!

Hours are 0600-2300
Thanks for posting an update! Looking forward to my stay there before my flight
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rwoman
No, I would not expect them to give you access.
I concur. I'll give it a shot and report back. I know they have the Revival Lounge but I really don't feel like exiting and then going back through security. Maybe if we get in way early and I just have too much time to kill.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: DL FO
Still trying to figure out how I'm going to spend my 10 hr layover (10:30pm-8:30am). I'm tempted to head into the city but I also want to be realistic that I'll most likely want a cushioned flat surface after almost 20hrs in Y. Glad I'll have a few hours in the VS lounge though!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by hoth300
Still trying to figure out how I'm going to spend my 10 hr layover (10:30pm-8:30am). I'm tempted to head into the city but I also want to be realistic that I'll most likely want a cushioned flat surface after almost 20hrs in Y. Glad I'll have a few hours in the VS lounge though!
Keep in mind the Airport Express train hours are limited.

For our HKG-NRT (0820a) flight last Friday, we took a taxi to the airport to ensure we had sufficient time to check in and such. I'm not sure when the last Airport Express from HKG is (around midnight), but the first arrival gets to the airport around 625am or so. When we got to the airport around 0600, check in was a breeze. Only a few food places were open. Also, the train to the piers for the gates DL uses (and the VS lounge) starts at 0620.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by langbr01
Recently on DL 282 (Econ) from HKG to SEA. I was pleasantly surprised at check-in when the agent directed my fiancé and I to the Virgin Clubhouse near gate 60.

Is this a new perk at international locations? I thought access was only granted for NYC/LHR transatlantic flights..

Are there any other locations that offer Virgin Clubhouse access? Just to avoid confusion my fiancé and I are both DM.

Thanks
Was here the other day for a DL economy class flight Toyko (ended up getting an upgrade because economy was sold-out). Very nice club, with great service and a wonderful menu. I liked not having to serve myself.

My only complaints were:

1. Club agents can't help with Delta issues.

2. Showers are pathetic with no toiletries.

3. Not enough electrical outlets.

4. WiFi login page not compatible with mobile phone browser
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:49 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
There's been a very interesting (and, AFAICT, completely stealthy/unannounced) update to the VS partnership pages on delta.com.

In particular, the lounge access footnote now reads:
Clubhouse Lounge Access: Clubhouse lounge access is available to Upper Class passengers and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight to/from the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic. Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members are allowed to bring one guest. Diamond and Platinum Medallion members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in London Heathrow, London Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington, Boston and San Francisco Airports. Gold Medallion members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston and San Francisco Airports. Please travel with and be prepared to show your Medallion card to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits.
(Emphasis added)

TL;DR: GMs now get lounge access (though only at the US end; not at LHR/LGW). They also get Fast Track Channel access at LHR (where DM/PM can use the Upper Class Wing), which I think is also new.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:56 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by CKDGM
There's been a very interesting (and, AFAICT, completely stealthy/unannounced) update to the VS partnership pages on delta.com.

In particular, the lounge access footnote now reads:
(Emphasis added)

TL;DR: GMs now get lounge access (though only at the US end; not at LHR/LGW). They also get Fast Track Channel access at LHR (where DM/PM can use the Upper Class Wing), which I think is also new.
Though it wasn't well-documented I do remember seeing LHR Fast Track Security for GM before (which is not the same as the Upper Class Wing but is still good to have). US Clubhouse access for GM is definitely new though and a very nice enhancement.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
DL now using Virgin Atlantic lounge at HKG

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. The VA lounge at HKG is now available to DL pax eligible to use lounges. It's in the large group of lounges on the elevated level above the concourse near gate 60.

Food is ordered off a menu, there is no self-service. The breakfast menu is nice and seems to have something for everyone but you inevitably must wait for it to be prepared after you order it. I didn't mind but if you're in a hurry or want things just so you may not prefer it. Well-stocked bar but as DL's flights (soon to be flight) are in the early morning I didn't avail myself of it.

It's nice to be able to look out at all the planes parked at the gates and the mountains and ocean in the distance. The complimentary wi-fi is blazing fast, take notes DL. However the music is a little too loud. Overall it's not a nice as the QF lounge to which we used to have access but it's quite good and a step up from KE/AF lounges here IMO.

Also when I sat down I was greeted by a baby cockroach but I've lived in HKG long enough to be used to those. Attendant got it quickly. I believe it had tried to enter using an expired day pass.

Enjoy.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Feel bad for the VA crowd!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
since when does VA have a lounge in HKG Are you talking about the VS lounge? That has been announced a while ago IMO
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by cfischer
since when does VA have a lounge in HKG Are you talking about the VS lounge? That has been announced a while ago IMO

Virgin Atlantic. VS? I never flew them so don't know. Mods feel free to change thread title
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:09 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I don't see that conflicting with the VS flight as that flight departs late at night and the DL flight departs in the morning. So no issue whatsoever. It should be pointed out that BR also uses the VS lounge.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Virgin Atlantic. VS? I never flew them so don't know. Mods feel free to change thread title
VA is Virgin Australia; VS is Virgin Atlantic.

Here's another thread about the HKG lounge:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...se-access.html
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Also when I sat down I was greeted by a baby cockroach but I've lived in HKG long enough to be used to those. Attendant got it quickly. I believe it had tried to enter using an expired day pass.

I'll get to check it out in November. Looking forward to it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.