Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Lowers Medallion Status Challenge Requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:10 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG

Delta just lowered their Medallion Status Challenge Requirements starting today.

The new requirements are:

To retain Silver status: 6,250 miles or 8 segments
To retain Gold status: 12,500 miles or 15 segments
To retain Platinum status: 18,750 miles or 25 segments

Previously the requirements were Platinum: 26,000 MQMs or 35 MQSs, Gold: 16,000 MQMs or 20 MQSs, Silver: 8,000 MQMs or 10 MQSs.

Customers who enroll in the Challenge between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 and meet the flight requirement within a 90-day period from enrollment will retain their matched Medallion status through January 31, 2016

Criteria for participation:

Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past
Is currently a non-Medallion member
Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
Delta will offer status challenges to American Airlines and United Airlines elite members only. You can request a status challenge here.

Feel free to check out my blog post with the full details of this as well.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Good to see them continuing to thin the herd.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
It is for flyers who are not a DL medallion only and you can not earn any higher than your current equivalent level even if you meet the requirements for the higher levels. Interesting that there is not MQD requirement until 2016.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Those brilliant DL execs who Bubba adores, must not be following his instructions. You know, whip anyone other than caviar snorting, .001%ers out of the DL brand, to allow the truly elite to enjoy the F cabins, and all it has to offer....
He must not be too happy with this.
A blue-collar commoner can get Platinum status with a measly 25 segments in 90 days.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
At least they are not throwing in free SkyClub membership too.

Repeating myself... VA Ave will never try to trim the bloated elite ranks. They want us panicked by the amount of competition we have for dwindling benefits, so that we are incentivized to spend more money to beat out others.

Hundred name UG lists are how they measure success.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by The Weekly Flyer
Delta will offer status challenges to American Airlines and United Airlines elite members only.
Where does it say UA and AA only? I know those are the 2 listed but even under the previous program AS members were still included and members of other unlisted programs as well.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by CDKing
Where does it say UA and AA only? I know those are the 2 listed but even under the previous program AS members were still included and members of other unlisted programs as well.
I think for all practical purposes, they are really DL's only two true competitors.

While as a DL elite I'm not happy with this (and they recently had an even easier threshhold to get status), good for DL for fighting back. AA is all over DL's elites in NY.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by CDKing
The challenge only refers to UA and AA. WN and AS do not have equivalent levels and thus does not qualify.

First, confirm your comparable status with the SkyMiles program:

Delta SkyMiles Medallion Status Silver, Gold, Platinum
American AAdvantage Status Gold Platinum, Executive Platinum
United Mileage Plus Status Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum / Platinum 1K

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Jul 1, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:51 pm
Suspended

No chances of a challenge if youre not an AA/UA ffp?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DellRocks
No chances of a challenge if youre not an AA/UA ffp?
Send in the request anyways.

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
The challenge only refers to UA and AA. WN and AS do not have equivalent levels and thus does not qualify.

United Mileage Plus Status Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum / Platinum 1K
They did not have their own row/column on the previous promo either yet they were still included. I also think DL thinks AA and US completely merged their programs which is why they are not specifically mentioned in the promo either.

Here is a recent example example DL refused to match AS MVPGold 75K to Plat but they were offered the gold challenge

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 1, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by The Weekly Flyer
Delta just lowered their Medallion Status Challenge Requirements starting today.
- Why? I thought that the new and "more rewarding" 2015 SkyMiles program would trick every business traveler into signing up with DL.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
For the past couple years, UA has been creating multiple excuses to convince me to bail after 30 years as a Mileage Plus member. I happen to live in MSP, and can see multiple good reasons to finally make the jump now.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs

This is not accurate (at least not about a month ago). I'm pretty sure they'll do what they can to steal FF from AS.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
DL will match almost any other airline. I had WN status matched in January, for example.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Does the DL ex-SEA DEQM count towards this min EQM? No spend requirements for this match?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.