Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"World's most trusted" Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Just my $0.02, but then again copper isn't entirely worthless, you know!
In fact, copper is quite valuable. Which is why your $0.02 is made of 97.5% zinc and only plated with copper now.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The "Most Trusted Airline" application was rejected from what I'm seeing. The USPTO indicated that
Originally Posted by USPTO
Because the applied-for mark is a merely laudatory and descriptive of the alleged merit of applicant’s services, registration is refused under Section 2(e)(1) of the Trademark Act.
Read more:
http://blog.wandr.me/2014/06/delta-m...-service-mark/
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=0&page=1

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just part of their new advertising campaign:

Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^

Originally Posted by sbm12
The "Most Trusted Airline" application was rejected from what I'm seeing. The USPTO indicated that

Read more:
http://blog.wandr.me/2014/06/delta-m...-service-mark/
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=0&page=1

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I trust that as soon as AirTran left it is now beyond NOT affordable to fly out of ATL
Why should the hometown of "the most trusted airline" (the airline that after all began the wave of consolidations), not experience the joys of consolidation too?

Last edited by hazelrah; Jun 23, 2014 at 9:24 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by sbm12
Perhaps the USPTO had one of these:

I do trust the DL front line folks to provide good service.

I do trust the safety of the airline.

I do trust (more than before) the reliability of operations, now that they have learned their lessons from the "optimized maintenance" initiative that tripped them up several summers ago.

But my trust declines the closer the matter gets to the Exec offices when it comes to the FF program and any alleged loyalty to the customer.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Maybe they really should re-use "Delta Gets You There" as their slogan. They actually have data that can back this up with one of the highest on time percentages of a major network carrier (and better than WN) along with a low mainline cancellation rate.

I do trust that Delta will get me to where I want to go and they have always delivered.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
I cannot resist...
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:21 am

Thumbs down

Trusted??????? I can not trust you to honor my seating, turn up and leave on time or get anywhere near the gate we are supposed to end up at.

Am I the only one that has had a gate change with them?
First you land, then you taxi, then you wait and wait and wait.. on the plane that took off late from the point of origination.

As you watch the time between connections whittle down, and figure the chances of getting from the next to last row with time to grab something to drink.. the dreaded announcement comes on.
"We can not get into our gate, the plane occupying it has mechanical problems, your new gate is.". as far as is humanly possible from your connections gate that we can make it without dropping you off on the highway outside the Atlanta Airport.

So now we will be running from one end to the other.

Oh yes, why were we in the next to last row in the plane? Because during the time it took us to drive to the airport they changed planes and removed us from the great seats we had booked.

And this is by no means the first time that ANY part of this has happened. On this trip we heard it both coming and going.

The next week we went to pick up friends from our local airport.. they started to tell us about the gate change with the same old excuse and we just burst out laughing and finished their sentence.

Delta, we resent having assigned seats taken away and left to scramble for whatever is left. And you REALLY need to change the "gate change" excuse, it is getting old.
Either that or you have a lot of planes that need some SERIOUS maintenance.

TRUST.. you need to put "un" in front of the word and "worthy"at the end.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
I cannot resist...
<Deleted> Even though it would have been fun to leave it here.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
If I were to ever wake up in a bathtub filled with ice and one of my kidneys missing, that is the face I would expect to be staring down at me.

I'm sure he has taken better pictures but that one is just creepy.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
I cannot resist...
I personally don't care one way or the other about RA, but the funnier way to do this would have been to impose RA over Jim Carrey on the "Liar, Liar" movie poster, as it include the caption "Trust me" at the bottom.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I think someone misheard. It's "World's Mistrusted."
Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Request denied. According to the LA Times:
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rejected the airline’s request to trademark the slogan “The world’s most trusted airline,” saying the motto is “not inherently distinctive, but rather is merely laudatory and descriptive.”
Nice to see common sense prevail.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Everyone on here is just mean and hateful because in fact Delta IS the most trusted. I trust them with everything, but below is just a sampling of what I trust them the most in.........

I trust that the skymiles program is the worst in the world.
I trust that as soon as AirTran left it is now beyond NOT affordable to fly out of ATL
I trust that I will get a rude gate agent
I trust that I will get a rude flight crew
I trust that the plane will magically change 87 different times, and almost every time the computer will kick me out of my preferred or economy comfort seat, and dump me in a middle seat at the back of the plane
I trust that I will get a terrible check in experience
I trust that I will get an uncomfortable seat
I trust that I will be nickel and dimed to death
I trust that I will NEVER be able to get a low reward
I trust that the Sky clubs are a joke, and companies like Amex are jumping to fill that gap
I trust that the flight experience will include late departures because hey we need to wait for everyone to shove 200 lbs of clothes in the overhead
I trust that the boarding process is miserable, inefficient, and not properly executed
I trust that the medallion program is miserable, and really pointless
Most importantly though I trust that I am stuck trusting "The Most Trusted Airline In The World" because hey I am in ATL, and its my only option.

So thank you Delta I trust you more then you will ever know, I hope someone from Delta marketing comes, and replies to this. Oh wait they don't care what the customer thinks.
Dang! What airline have you been flying? Clearly not DL.

I understand that trust re SM is a problem......but beyond that DL is doing a great job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.