Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were you ticketed on AM or on the DL flight number?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
AM.

Certainly welcome any guidance. Have another trip this weekend...we shall see how it goes.

Originally Posted by josephstern
Were you ticketed on AM or on the DL flight number?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
All very confusing.

My experience this week is that I bought a ticket directly on AM.com JFK-MEX/OAX-MEX-JFK - I entered my skymiles #, and was able to pick an exit row without any special intervention.

On the outbound, the flight showed up on my DL.com upcoming flights page.

Complementary Upgrade Requested was very clear on the record - although I hadn't done anything.

I started getting email offers to bid on an upgrade a few days before the flight - got 3 or 4 combined English and Spanish. Minimum bid was $155 or $165... I passed.

Went to do online check-in on AM.com and it told me Delta is handling, I should go there.

Went there, got part way through the process and it tells me I must check in at the airport.

Also to note - on Aug. 15 2017 - AM JFK-MEX 7:15am flight left from Terminal 4.
(Went to Wingtips instead of taking the hike to the skyclub. Nothing but yogurt and sad fruit salad out for breakfast, but to-go cups for Coffee were nice.)

It's interesting to hear that it's new that they're out of T-4. Check in agents had some trouble checking me in... said it had something to do with the fact that I was in an exit row. Maybe if I hadn't been, I would have been able to check in online.

Agent - who btw was wearing a DL uniform/tag - told me I was #1 on the UG list with 4 seats open.

Scored the UG to 1A at the scanner - so I was happy, and 1st went out full.

My question now is that my return flight is not even showing up on DL.com
Maybe it's the DL airport handling that pulls it in?

I'd love to get it in so I can request my upgrade, but not sure how.

Will probably call DL to see if they can help whenever I drag myself off the Palapa

ETA: Just read Alex' blog post from May - Seems pretty on point and in line with my experience. I like it all so far. ^
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:16 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
On May 18, I was IROP'ed onto AM at JFK, and it left from T4.

When I was in the LGA SkyClub, the counter agent told me to remember to go to Terminal 1! I said - NOOOOOOO!!! It had just changed to T4! He checked, and I was right! . . . . because, I read about the terminal change here!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
All very confusing.

My experience this week is that I bought a ticket directly on AM.com JFK-MEX/OAX-MEX-JFK - I entered my skymiles #, and was able to pick an exit row without any special intervention.

On the outbound, the flight showed up on my DL.com upcoming flights page.

Complementary Upgrade Requested was very clear on the record - although I hadn't done anything.

I started getting email offers to bid on an upgrade a few days before the flight - got 3 or 4 combined English and Spanish. Minimum bid was $155 or $165... I passed.

Went to do online check-in on AM.com and it told me Delta is handling, I should go there.

Went there, got part way through the process and it tells me I must check in at the airport.

(Went to Wingtips instead of taking the hike to the skyclub. Nothing but yogurt and sad fruit salad out for breakfast, but to-go cups for Coffee were nice.)

It's interesting to hear that it's new that they're out of T-4. Check in agents had some trouble checking me in... said it had something to do with the fact that I was in an exit row. Maybe if I hadn't been, I would have been able to check in online.

Agent - who btw was wearing a DL uniform/tag - told me I was #1 on the UG list with 4 seats open.

Scored the UG to 1A at the scanner - so I was happy, and 1st went out full.

My question now is that my return flight is not even showing up on DL.com
Maybe it's the DL airport handling that pulls it in?

I'd love to get it in so I can request my upgrade, but not sure how.

Will probably call DL to see if they can help whenever I drag myself off the Palapa

ETA: Just read Alex' blog post from May - Seems pretty on point and in line with my experience. I like it all so far. ^
DL handles all AM ex-US flights now. Just like KL handles all ex-AMS DL flights. Thus AM pushes the flight info DL needs. Unless you got an ex-US AM flight or a DL flight in the return it only pushes the info for outbound.
remyontheroad likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
This is also my first time flying AM. I have the following flights coming up. I'm DL PM.
ATL-MEX-LIM-MEX-ATL
I was able to select seats on the ATL-MEX and MEX-ATL on the DL app but MEX-LIM-MEX I had to go to the AM website to select seats.

After this I have another flight
ATL-MTY-MEX-ATL
ATL-MTY is DL metal so all good. The MEX-ATL is AM but operated by DL but no upgrade elegible.

I've read here to call AM the day before to see if I can be upgraded. I will try and report back. I will be traveling to a few other countries in LATAM for the rest of the year and DL seems to be too expensive, so we have to chose other Skyteam airlines.
Next trips are:
Argentina, Colombia, Dominican, Trinidad. I you guys have any skyteam airlines recommendations please post up.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eddie98
This is also my first time flying AM. I have the following flights coming up. I'm DL PM.
ATL-MEX-LIM-MEX-ATL
I was able to select seats on the ATL-MEX and MEX-ATL on the DL app but MEX-LIM-MEX I had to go to the AM website to select seats.

After this I have another flight
ATL-MTY-MEX-ATL
ATL-MTY is DL metal so all good. The MEX-ATL is AM but operated by DL but no upgrade elegible.

I've read here to call AM the day before to see if I can be upgraded. I will try and report back. I will be traveling to a few other countries in LATAM for the rest of the year and DL seems to be too expensive, so we have to chose other Skyteam airlines.
Next trips are:
Argentina, Colombia, Dominican, Trinidad. I you guys have any skyteam airlines recommendations please post up.
I fly to POS regulatly. Sadly no ST service to get you there from US. Its UA or AA. Argentinan Aerolinas Aregentina (sp) is ST. Other two never been to, so no suggestions other then AM.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Has anyone had recent experience getting moved to AM Plus in advance of arrival at the airport?

Earlier last year, I could arrange that move via online chat with no problem, but the last time I tried in December, they directed me to AM Club Premier, who said no go.

(I ended up getting the Clase Premier upgrade at the airport, but it would have been nice to have had AM Plus secured.)

I'm Gold Medallion with Delta.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Has anyone had recent experience getting moved to AM Plus in advance of arrival at the airport?

Earlier last year, I could arrange that move via online chat with no problem, but the last time I tried in December, they directed me to AM Club Premier, who said no go.

(I ended up getting the Clase Premier upgrade at the airport, but it would have been nice to have had AM Plus secured.)

I'm Gold Medallion with Delta.
Yes, you can ask through the online chat on Aeromexico.com and they will do it.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Does anyone have experience with AM upgrades on a DL award ticket? Upgrades still work? Also, is 1 companion in the same PNR upgrade eligible on a DL award ticket (for a flight operated by AM)? Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:50 pm

Looking to see if anyone has experience with AM upgrades from Canada to Mexico with GM or higher status? From what I can see, Canada is not part of the list of places where you can get an upgrade, but maybe it's still possible and they just didn't put it on the press release.

Effective May 8, 2017, Medallion Members will receive additional benefits when traveling with Aeromexico, as a part of Delta and Aeromexico's growing partnership. Medallion Members will be eligible for Complimentary Upgrades on all intra-Mexico Aeromexico flights, as well as Aeromexico flights between Mexico and the U.S., Central America, Caribbean, Colombia and Ecuador. Medallion Members will now receive Complimentary Upgrades based on their individual Medallion Status (starting with Diamond, then Platinum, Gold, and Silver) instead of SkyTeam Elite status, better recognizing the loyalty of our Medallion Members. Medallion Members will be automatically added to the airport standby list for these flights, as long as their SkyMiles number is added to the reservation. Medallion Members will be eligible for upgrades after all Club Premier Members have cleared.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Does anyone have experience with AM upgrades on a DL award ticket? Upgrades still work? Also, is 1 companion in the same PNR upgrade eligible on a DL award ticket (for a flight operated by AM)? Thanks
Giving this a bump. Similar situation. Usually would take DL from MEX-LAX but got an AM soon on award ticket. What's the process of getting on the upgrade list? Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Giving this a bump. Similar situation. Usually would take DL from MEX-LAX but got an AM soon on award ticket. What's the process of getting on the upgrade list? Thanks
I asked the chat agent about this recently and they said I could get on it 96 hours before the flight if I asked. I'm skeptical because their chat isn't perfect.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KingBraden
I asked the chat agent about this recently and they said I could get on it 96 hours before the flight if I asked. I'm skeptical because their chat isn't perfect.
Yeah, this seems unlikely. Their top two elite levels aren't eligible until 72 hours prior to departure and their lowest level can only request upon check-in at the airport. If they treat other Skyteam elites like DL does, I would expect DL elites to be treated similar to their lowest level elites.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yeah, this seems unlikely. Their top two elite levels aren't eligible until 72 hours prior to departure and their lowest level can only request upon check-in at the airport. If they treat other Skyteam elites like DL does, I would expect DL elites to be treated similar to their lowest level elites.
It may have been 72 hours. But it was definitely more than 24 hours. I am Delta Diamond and this flight is MEX to EZE, which isn't even upgrade eligible for their gold elites (but looks like it is for titanium) so I am not sure what the real story is and I will not know for many months. On the plus side I did get into AM+ seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.