Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CHECK YOUR MILES! bad backup?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:10 pm

Mileage didn't decrease, but my last two segments have posted with 0 mileage. Lulz.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I have flights from Wednesday that haven't "finished" posting, as well.

What's interesting is that they both show up just with no miles or MQDs (which happens pretty frequently for me, then corrects itself within a couple days). But the second flight is showing that it posted on 6/5, several days BEFORE any flight on that ticket was even flown.

I don't even think I had purchased the ticket until 6/6...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
In my experience tickets will always show up shortly after flying with no miles and the posting date as the ticketing date. Then, within a few days the date and miles update to the actual posting date and proper mileage. Are you sure you didn't buy the ticket on 6/5?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I just lost about 40K RDM and 12K MQM...due to a job switch I don't have my receipts readily available, so this should be fun...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Interesting theory about the promo since my missing segment was TATL into JFK and I've signed up for the NYC promo, which IIRC requires a LGA RT.
It's a LGA promo, not a NYC promo. The qualifying entity is a RT anywhere, booked and flown after registering. Subsequent DEQM/RDM are for LGA segments only. If you flew LGA-MSP-FAR, you'd only get DEQM/RDM for the LGA-MSP and regular credit for MSP-FAR.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Two round trips their miles and mqms all gone. 2k LGA bonus promotion GONE as well. No longer registered for LGA double promotion. Called they said will fix in 24 hours. Why oh why does this happen??? Its crazy that you have to monitor things like this
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
Two round trips their miles and mqms all gone. 2k LGA bonus promotion GONE as well. No longer registered for LGA double promotion. Called they said will fix in 24 hours. Why oh why does this happen??? Its crazy that you have to monitor things like this
+1
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
+2

My LGA bonus is gone, too.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
129,969 MQMs - miles back in my account and MQDs - I must have passed the audit!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
It's a LGA promo, not a NYC promo. The qualifying entity is a RT anywhere, booked and flown after registering. Subsequent DEQM/RDM are for LGA segments only. If you flew LGA-MSP-FAR, you'd only get DEQM/RDM for the LGA-MSP and regular credit for MSP-FAR.
True, but my JFK flight had IROPs and DL offered me a switch (which I didn't take) to LGA.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
My Tuesday and Wednesday LGA flights posted correctly this evening.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
My Tuesday flight into LGA finally posted in the last few hours.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by matthew64832
In my experience tickets will always show up shortly after flying with no miles and the posting date as the ticketing date. Then, within a few days the date and miles update to the actual posting date and proper mileage. Are you sure you didn't buy the ticket on 6/5?
I've had that experience too but it's not consistent. At the end of the day, I've learned that it generally all works itself out within a week.

I might have purchased on 6/5 - not really sure but I usually do my ticket purchases on Thursday mornings.

In any case, the flights did post today. Numbers are correct but my paid/flown for both are just showing K/K when it should be K/RU. DL IT at its finest. They were showing RU earlier when they had "posted" with zero miles.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
I've had that experience too but it's not consistent. At the end of the day, I've learned that it generally all works itself out within a week.

I might have purchased on 6/5 - not really sure but I usually do my ticket purchases on Thursday mornings.

In any case, the flights did post today. Numbers are correct but my paid/flown for both are just showing K/K when it should be K/RU. DL IT at its finest. They were showing RU earlier when they had "posted" with zero miles.
K/K when you really flew K/RU must be Shena. Obviously the GA downgraded you and neglected to tell you. Someone probably got a really nice coach seat that should have been yours. <grin, giggle>
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: MARRIOTT-PPE+, HILTON DMD, IHG-SPIRE, DL GLD, EY Platinum
I flew DHN-ATL-JNB on 9 June. All the miles posted by 10 June. As of 14 June, they took all the ATL-JNB (B/OP) MQMs and Miles away. Looks like the MQDs stayed though. Shows -- on ATL-JNB segment.

I feel better now that I know I am not the only one. Sounds like it will sort itself out in a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.