Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/VS Metal swaps on LHR-LAX/ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I was going to use one of my last SWUs and W fares are usually the least expensive way to upgrade with a SWU. I have been getting about one W ticket a year to Europe upgraded with SWUs, the last being AF through CDG and on to IST.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ANstar
Given VS don't offer their own top tier FF's certificates like this I can't see them allowing DL FF'rs to use them...
In theory, we can use DL upgrade certs for AF/KLM flights, but AFAIK the FB program doesn't give equivalent upgrade certs to their own top tier elites.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by rwoman
Also important to keep in mind VS premium economy seats (at least the ones I've seen) are similiar to domestic F, although I'd probably only book PE if I knew I was in a window or aisle since layouts include middle seats.
I'm pretty sure I'd rather be in a W middle than any seat in Y. Sure, it's a middle, but that's only an issue when you need to get up, and that's the same issue as being in a window. You get much more lateral room, so it's less of an issue having a person on both sides.

W on VS is quite good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.