Old May 14, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Think you got the > and < backwards
Old May 14, 2014, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
As pointed out in an earlier thread, the HOOU coupons in this year's elite kits did not include a perishable snack. Looks like the same now applies to the ones printed with a boarding pass. Those 2 tapas boxes in our kitchen will be the last.
Yup, noticed that when I received my DM kit several months ago. I think there was a thread back then about the little certs in the kit not listing a non-perishable snack anymore. It is pretty disappointing.

Incidentally when a SC agent gave me a pile of coupons a few months ago they still had the non-perishable snack listed. Guess I'll be holding on to those for a while.
Old May 14, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by AKABrownBear
And for the record - just because I get to travel for business every week doesn't mean I'm rolling in cash or anything. That's not the greatest assumption to make...
+1. Some of us take these travel jobs because we actually need the extra money they provide!

Neither of my twice weekly flights now has a snack option (<900 miles) so although the 600 to 900 mile change *has* affected me personally, the coupon now does not.

I do think that a 5-7PM flight should at the very least have a catered snack box if not an option to buy a sandwich, but hey, I'm not DL Rev Mgmt. I guess I can easily stop and get a better sandwich for cheaper on the way to the airport.
Old May 14, 2014, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey remember, with your Delta Amex card you get 20% off all in flight purchases. Flight attendants will be coming through the aisle with applications.
Old May 14, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
You guys were able to use them for the snack boxes? Every time I've tried that the FA told me that those weren't an option.

I agree this really sucks though. I'm not going to get booze on a Monday morning flight out and half the time I don't feel like it on my way home either. But those berry granola bar bags are delicious and I generally used my coupon for those.

Guess I'll have to get on the "airplane bottle of booze" to go wagon. Though that can be risky because some FAs open it up for you.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: DL PM
Add me to the list of disappointed flyers. I don't drink and my seven year old Medallion daughter obviously doesn't as well. We like the boxes, but would never pay the full price for them.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Zeeb
You guys were able to use them for the snack boxes?
Every single time, even on CR9.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Man. I'm seriously disapointed about this. I've been getting gyped out of tapas for years!
Old May 14, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Delta, you really need to get yer house in order. The nickel/dime cuts are really getting to be tiresome.
Expect more of this. They have mostly grabbed their lower hanging fruit, and it's going to get much harder to increase profits further, so they do indeed need to more aggressively collect these nickels and dimes.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
+1

Sometimes I'd use them for a Snack Pack on an early morning flight. I hate to say it, but sometimes it's too early for a Woodford and Coke.

The FA's rarely look at the coupon when I hand it in. They likely scan them in after the service. They're not going to read the fine print and come to your seat and take your Snack Pack.

I'd keep using them for Snack Packs or Tapas until officially told "no" by an FA.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:58 am

IF they indeed are phased out, what about all of the HOOUs that are good through Dec 31 that came with last year's medallion packets?
Old May 14, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
For crying out loud, these things are freebies. And largely for business travelers who perfectly capable of buying a pack of crackers or whatever.
Let's think of some other freebies that come with the Medallion program:

I think you're confusing freebies with perks of status.

Additionally, not all who travel for business are well-to-do or travel on expense accounts. I travel on per diem and always eat hotel breakfast and buy supplies to make lunches in order to save money (and be healthy). Paying airline prices for food doesn't help with this mindset. BTW, there are also many on this board, including myself, who earn the majority of our MQMs based on flights on our own dimes.
            Old May 14, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
            Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
            I honestly think eliminating snacks/meals for sale on >900mi flights makes sense. There are no meals offered on domestic F anyway for flights >900mi, so it would make more sense to align the F/Y offerings - how would F passengers feel if Y pax were able to purchase a snack/meal, while F pax got nothing but the snack basket?

As long as the complimentary Biscoffs and nuts/pretzels for all Y passengers aren't discontinued, it's all good. I just HOPE that's not next to be chopped…it's what makes DL unique among the 3 remaining legacies.
            How would Y passengers feel when F passengers get multiple passes at the snack basket and can take as much as they want (such as the guy who grabs a handful and stuffs his carryon with chips), but they get a package with 2 biscoff or 5 tiny pretzels, only once, and can't even purchase an overpriced snack item even though they're a captive customer and totally would justify that $8 sandwich? But just because a few medallions like myself might use a HOOU for a snack doesn't mean there won't be a lot of passengers in Y that would actually pay for the snacks. I see it all the time on any flight with food for purchase. Meals in F are complementary, but all the food in Y (again, with the exception of a few folks like myself who might use a HOOU) is for purchase. Sure, you can argue that the F meal is factored into the cost of the ticket. Regardless, Y passengers are paying a premium for the snacks and food. And a lot of the times I get a HOOU, I'll get upgraded on the long segment but not on the shorter connection (so the HOOU prints and doesn't get used), or I get upgraded on the second segment after online checkin and I don't use the HOOU because I got UG'ed. I'm willing to bet a fair amount of HOOU's don't even get used.
            Old May 14, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
            Originally Posted by CabinCaptive
            IF they indeed are phased out, what about all of the HOOUs that are good through Dec 31 that came with last year's medallion packets?
            The HOOU's being discussed right now are the ones that print on the boarding pass. Delta won't have a choice but to honor the ones that came in the Medallion packs through the expiration date unless they stop selling alcohol and snacks on board.

They are still available to be ordered (the ones for drinks only) on the Skybonus site so I don't see them going away.

My wife received one on her boarding pass for her flight tomorrow morning and it still states "non perishable snack" as an option.

I wish Delta would do what American does, and have the FA give elites a free snack and drink based on the status on the manifest. I hate printing out a boarding pass and wasting the paper just for the HOOU. It would also cut down on people handing them out to kettles at the gate when they get upgraded at the gate or don't want them.
            Old May 14, 2014, 8:56 am
            Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
            Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
            Easy! WSBS! (Want snacks, buy snacks) They're running an airline, for Pete's sake, think of the shareholders! You are a bunch of takers and moochers and gamers!

Have I forgotten any?
            Yes, you forgot "morons," "refuse," "human trash" and "whiners."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.