Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in amsterdam acess with Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Your point is a fair one, but the non-Schengen Crown Lounge is one I'd pay for if the alternative was something like the Skyclub. As nearly as I can make it out, it is on the "pay for" list.

Do you know what the Servisair lounges are like? If somebody tells me they're nice I'll at least take a look next time I go through AMS.

OP, I figure you know this, but you're entitled to the free PP select but have to ask for it. It's a separate card and you can order it easily from the Amex website.
I'll be there in July flying LH/OS, so Servisair will be my only choice. I'll try to remember to report back, but I'm sure there's someone on this board who has tried them. I'll only be able to report on Lounge 26 since my flights to/from Germany and Austria will be Schengen-to-Schengen. If I like Lounge 26 I will probably try Lounge 41 on my next AMS-USA flight.
Old May 2, 2014, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the great advice on my first post all except the drminn says..."You can hang out at the gate unless you are flying business class". I hope he is not a doctor from Minnesota.I called AMEX. getting Priority pass
Old May 2, 2014, 6:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sabai
"These lounges are shared by AIR FRANCE, KLM, and Delta. The international airport lounges that are available to you for a small entrance fee are:

Europe: Amsterdam, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Lisbon, Milan, Paris-Charles de Gaulle (except La Première and Terminal 2G lounges), Stuttgart and Zurich."
Sorry, I should have been more clear. They are not on my list of lounges that I would pay for. I have never had to pay for them but if I did I don't think those lounges would get my money.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:33 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'll be there in July flying LH/OS, so Servisair will be my only choice. I'll try to remember to report back, but I'm sure there's someone on this board who has tried them. I'll only be able to report on Lounge 26 since my flights to/from Germany and Austria will be Schengen-to-Schengen. If I like Lounge 26 I will probably try Lounge 41 on my next AMS-USA flight.
I've been Lounge 26 (when flying Finnair, IIRC); and it's very basic. The KLM Lounges are much better.

If you just want a cappuccino or a drink (mid-range alcohol selection like Famous Grouse Scotch), it is fine. No food to speak of.

I could probably find a picture from a few months ago (February); if anyone is really interested.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Review Servisair Lounge AMS
Old May 3, 2014, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I tried both the schengen and nonschengen lounges a long time ago when I was curious and had some time to kill in AMS, but I think they've been remodeled since them. I vaguely remember them as being smaller than the KLM lounges but rather empty and very quiet. I think there was less of a food selection, but KLM has changed its food offerings somewhat in the meantime, so that comparison might no longer be valid.
Old May 3, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
One time I was considering a connection via AMS and looked up the Servisair lounges. On the website, the non-Schengen seemed to look a bit bigger and nicer than the Schengen, and I seem to recall the page for one (if not both) the lounges saying or implying that there really wasn't much of a view, if any. I never looked up the KLM lounge, as I wasn't STE+ at the time.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
One time I was considering a connection via AMS and looked up the Servisair lounges. On the website, the non-Schengen seemed to look a bit bigger and nicer than the Schengen, and I seem to recall the page for one (if not both) the lounges saying or implying that there really wasn't much of a view, if any. I never looked up the KLM lounge, as I wasn't STE+ at the time.
Of the KLM lounges, it's only the nonschengen one that has good views or even many seats near windows.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
KLM Lounge question

I'm DL plat and my wife is DL silver. We will be flying RT ATL to AMS on DL and in between will be flying KLM RT from AMS to VCE. Do we get access to KLM lounges? Also, another couple is with us who have no status, and I assume they get zero access.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
I'm DL plat and my wife is DL silver. We will be flying RT ATL to AMS on DL and in between will be flying KLM RT from AMS to VCE. Do we get access to KLM lounges? Also, another couple is with us who have no status, and I assume they get zero access.
"In addition, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed to invite a guest, who is also traveling on a flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline, to join them in the lounge. The guest does not necessarily need to travel on the same flight as the SkyTeam Elite Plus member."1

1. Lounge Access Policy Retrieved from: http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...Access-Policy/
Old May 3, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
You (STE+) can guest your wife (who is just STE) into the lounge. The other couple with no status gets no entry, as you assumed.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by brocklee9000
You (STE+) can guest your wife (who is just STE) into the lounge. The other couple with no status gets no entry, as you assumed.
Or "you" could guest the other guy's wife or whatever, but "you" can only take one guest total into the lounge at each place. You should be able to guest A at ATL, B at AMS nonschengen, and C at AMS schengen if you have a long connection. Officially your guest must leave the lounge when you do, so B and C connote use a lounge at the same time.

There will be no lounge access at VCE upon arrival.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:32 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Currently flying MSP/AMS/KBP. Thinking about the Crown Lounges, am I correct that since Ukraine isn't Schengen, I'll only have access to Lounge 52. . . . Which means that I'll hafto hike ALL THE WAY down to 52, then ALL THE WAY BACK to the non-Schengen smaller plane gates (C gates, I think)?

My current ETA is 7:54 AM and AMS/KBP departs at 9:30. I'm not sure that's enough time. Did I miss something?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Not sure why think it has to be C. Quick look shows KL KBP flights departed D.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not sure why think it has to be C. Quick look shows KL KBP flights departed D.
I did check KLM.com & DL, and I couldn't find any gate info. I guess the D gates wouldn't be too bad. I'm picturing the concourse where the Schengen gates for 737s (etc) are on ground level, and non-Schengen gates are the same gates, but accessed from the floor above. I thought those were C gates. Maybe my memory isn't perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.