Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-SEA transcon BusinessElite

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Playsmart
Actually, this is not true. Flew SEA-JFK last week and we had the old F seating. We were given BE meals, Weston blankets and pillows, but no amenity kit. Seems like they are bipolar with this so far.

The cabin was only 70 percent filled.
Guess there was still no complimentary upgrades? must be a slight shortage of 757s being that the mods are in fill swing now. To bad they can't throw a 76W on JFK -SEA
Old May 21, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL PM
Bipolar Elite?

Originally Posted by Playsmart
Actually, this is not true. Flew SEA-JFK last week and we had the old F seating. We were given BE meals, Weston blankets and pillows, but no amenity kit. Seems like they are bipolar with this so far.

The cabin was only 70 percent filled.
Went out last Friday night SEA-JFK 1542 and returned Monday on 442, up front and no fancy meals, wines, comforters, pillows or amenity kits. In either direction.

I call BS on the non-stop SEA-JFK BE service.

Comment/complaint filed and awaiting response.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by unweird
Went out last Friday night SEA-JFK 1542 and returned Monday on 442, up front and no fancy meals, wines, comforters, pillows or amenity kits. In either direction.

I call BS on the non-stop SEA-JFK BE service.

Comment/complaint filed and awaiting response.
With 757 mods happening while the summer schedule is kicking in, SEAJFKSEA is taking the brunt of the downgrades. You will receive 7500 miles. Depending on galley layout, your amenities will vary on this route. If you are in the 26F, you are not supposed to receive anything beyond domestic F service. There is not the stowage/galley space in the standard 757 to keep all of the amenities.

These flights price significantly less than the BE equipped flights.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bubbashow
These flights price significantly less than the BE equipped flights.
Except when they're sold as BE and downgraded. Then DL and its apologists consider 7500 SkyPesos sufficient compensation.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by sethb
Except when they're sold as BE and downgraded. Then DL and its apologists consider 7500 SkyPesos sufficient compensation.
Just curious, what would you consider sufficient compensation?
Old May 22, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Do you know when the flights on this route are being upgraded to full BE?
I'm flying paid J on this route for Thanksgiving with the hope that they've been upgraded by then.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
A bit more than the cost difference between F and J.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by u2g0d
Do you know when the flights on this route are being upgraded to full BE?
I'm flying paid J on this route for Thanksgiving with the hope that they've been upgraded by then.
if the 757 is configured with 16J you will get the full BE service, amenities, etc ... as to new seats, I think it will still be a roll of the dice in Nov
Old May 23, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
So thanks to this thread, I re-checked our return routing to JFK through SEA (from BKK/NRT - where we used a GUC months ago to confirm BE all the way through, with the last leg on the BE equipped 757 ex SEA) and found that we had been downgraded to older 757. Calling Delta, they were able to move us to the 747/767 flight ex NRT through LAX, which actually gets us in at a much better time anyhow. In fact, if there was space on the JFK>NRT 747 flight, they could have gotten us on there as well.

Point is, check your aircraft and if you were downgraded on this route, use it your advantage if you can. We didn't really want that SEA leg in the first place but did it because it was the only flight that had confirmable O or R space at the time.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
good deal ... glad we could help you by sharing our experiences
Old May 23, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Whatever the total in mileage would be for all the individual ways Delta didn't meet the service standards they sold you: broken seat, messed up "special meal", missing premium beverages, no amenity kit, broken AVOD/headset, broken in-seat power, no pillow, no duvet, and then something on top of that to apologize for having sold BE tickets you knew full well you didn't intend to honor. Or a GUC-equivalent.

Either someone paid a large fortune, a GUC, or a small fortune and 12,500 miles for that "BE" flight. Delta should be horribly embarrassed that it's failing so spectacularly and regularly to provide what it advertises, markets, and sells.

PS I'd have been half as pissed if it was a 75X vs the 2 rustbuckets I ended up on the two times it's happened to me so far...
Old May 23, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO the worst of it is that they keep replying to all communications with the same nonsensical marketing-speak about "our significant investment in the Business Elite product in the market"

the issue is not that JFK <--> SEA service is "a Business Elite product"; the issue is that, because they so strongly marketed the 16J configuration on the 757s and the flatbed seats on the 763s as Business Elite, customers accurately perceive a 22/24/26F 757 as a domestic F experience, which (despite food and beverage service, amenity kits, and Westin linens) is considerably short of the BE experience they are advertising ... it's all about perception

I believe DL's image took a lot of self-inflicted damage by rollout of the no-upgrade policy on JFK <--> SEA before the 757 fleet update generated enough aircraft to cover the full schedule; I can't imagine anyone at DL would consider -- even for a millisecond -- swapping a domestic 763 (30F) for a 26J jet on JFK <--> LAX/SFO
Old May 23, 2014, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Delta pulled the demand for premium service on JFK-SEA right out of their APU and they are not fooling anyone. There is no such demand for a premium product on JFK-SEA as there is for JFK-LAX/SFO. If there were AA,UA, and JetBlue would not let DL have the JFK-SEA market all to themselves.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by jrl767
IMO the worst of it is that they keep replying to all communications with the same nonsensical marketing-speak about "our significant investment in the Business Elite product in the market"

the issue is not that JFK <--> SEA service is "a Business Elite product"; the issue is that, because they so strongly marketed the 16J configuration on the 757s and the flatbed seats on the 763s as Business Elite, customers accurately perceive a 22/24/26F 757 as a domestic F experience, which (despite food and beverage service, amenity kits, and Westin linens) is considerably short of the BE experience they are advertising ... it's all about perception

You're confusing 2 things:
1) They market and SELL flights as 16J and then constantly swap in 22F birds since they obviously don't have enough of the 75Es or even 75X's to cover the schedule they sell. These flights do not have the BE soft service.

2)Flights they sell and operate with 75X even though they are not J seats, and they've told everyone that ALL of the flights are BE now/don't give upgrades/etc. Some people have reported getting the BE meal service on these planes.

Any other business did this and it would be rightly called fraud...
Old May 23, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not confusing anything ... it's deceptive and disingenuous marketing, and it's insulting to the HVC and Medallion community who they want to capture

that said, I'm perfectly happy to fly WAS-JFK-SEA in window EC seats (sure, I'd like to think I had a shot at riding up front, but the fact is that as GM on U/V/X fares it's pretty slim), or to buy G/A/P via any other hub and SDC to the 16J flights over JFK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.