Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Point-to-point award bookings with Air France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)

I'm looking at a biz award ticket JFK-MUC-JFK later this year.

I've found good availability JFK-MUC on AZ via FCO. Coming back is proving a bit harder. I have a FRA-JFK flight booked on DL in low, but I'd like to leave out of MUC.

If I do a multi-city search on DL.com (using MUC-LHR/LHR-JFK legs), I see availability MUC-CDG-LHR-JFK. The first two segments are AF, the last is VS. I'm not able to get the itinerary to show up with a MUC-JFK search.

I called DL and the agent refused to do a point-to-point booking saying that AF may cancel the ticket since it's against the CoC. She said she could sell it, but I'd be at risk of cancellation.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just call back until I get an agent willing to do the point-to-point sale?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html

DL agents can often search PTP but are not supposed to. I don't think it's against COC (maybe) but it will not allow for valid routings often. DL avoids this esp with partners as they may void tickets due to the fact that you bypass routing rules and/or create itins to make invalid connections.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Will the website let you change it online using a segment by segment search? Or does it not let you do that for existing itins?

Last edited by javabytes; Apr 23, 2014 at 8:03 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Will the website let you change it online using a segment by segment search? Or does it not let you do that for existing itins?
Doesn't work, complaining that the dates aren't valid, likely since they're the same.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Have you tried booking via multi-city online?

I recently booked DTW-ATL-YYZ-FCO-BUD using multi-city online with the last two segments on AZ. Of course nothing like this would ever show up via a simple DTW-BUD search.

I've never had an agent claim he/she couldn't do what you're asking for, and I probably changed my MLE award a dozen times this way last year back when I could make changes for free. I would call back.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
A word of caution... KLM has a recent habit of unconfirming segments on its metal it deems to be in violation of ticketing rules, including circumvention of married segment logic. You can be confirmed and ticketed using SkyMiles on KL metal and then a day or two later those segments will be gone. Sometimes they go and cancel a DL segment on you as well.

Regardless of what the rules are, I've never run into this behavior on any of DL's other partners, including AF.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Yea, it shows up there.

I can also get CDG-(AF)-LHR-(VS)-JFK flights to show up with a simple one-way search. I don't see why that itin would be allowed but MUC-CDG-LHR-JFK wouldn't.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, I called back a couple of days later. The agent reticketed it no questions asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.