Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Targeted Gold and Platinum Status Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Plat Pro

Just received this from DL.

Subject: Higher Status Is Closer Than You Think

GO FOR THE GOLD (OR PLATINUM).
Step up to a higher Medallion status this summer.
As thanks for your loyalty, we want to give you a chance to experience an upgraded level of 2014 Medallion® status. Higher status comes with perks like higher priority for Medallion Complimentary Upgrades, complimentary domestic Economy Comfort™ seating at the time of booking, Priority Boarding, and more.

The best part is that you're really, really close. Register now and, by July 10th, just fly:
Three round-trip Delta or Delta Connection® flights to be automatically upgraded to Gold Medallion status
Four round-trip Delta or Delta Connection flights to be automatically upgraded to Platinum Medallion status
Don't miss out on this exciting chance to step up your status.

I find it bizarre that they sent me this offer as I qualified for 2014-15 PM with their biz elite NYC offer 2 months ago.

T&C below.
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. To be eligible for the status upgrade, a Member must (i) register online by July 10, 2014, (ii) book and complete travel on required number of round trip flight(s) after registration and before the promotion end date of July 10, 2014, and (iii) not have received a status match or complimentary Medallion® status in the past, and not currently be a Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion member.

Offer: Eligible members must first enroll in the promotion by July 10, 2014 in order to participate. Flights booked prior to enrollment will not be eligible for this promotion. Flights must be booked and completed within the promotional period, which is through July 10, 2014. Enrolled members who purchase and complete three (3) round-trip flights during the promotional period will earn Gold Medallion status for the 2014 Medallion year. Enrolled members who purchase and complete four (4) round-trip flights during the promotional period will earn Platinum Medallion status for the 2014 Medallion year. Eligible flights must be round trip. Eligible itineraries may not include segments flown by other airlines. Eligible flights must be marketed and operated by Delta or Delta Connection only. Only those round-trip flights purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual are eligible. Medallion status will start one day after completion of qualifying travel and ends on February 28, 2015. Medallion status must be earned in subsequent years by traveling the required Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) and spending the required Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs). Medallion benefits may be enjoyed when traveling on Delta or Delta Connection flights by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. MQMs are calculated based on distance traveled and fare class purchased on qualifying flights and do not include bonus miles.

Validity Period: To participate in this offer, you must register by July 10, 2014. Enrollment ends 11:59:59 PM, U.S. CST, on July 10, 2014.

SkyMiles: All SkyMiles and Medallion terms and conditions apply. To review full terms and conditions of Medallion Benefits, please visit delta.com/medallionterms.

Miscellaneous: Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Upgrades are subject to limited availability and may not be available on all flights. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. This offer is subject to change or withdrawal at any time without prior notice. Offers are void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97021524.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Link?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by twoner32
Link?
Since it has the same expiration date as the offer discussed in this thread, I would bet if you're targeted you'll find it in the same place as the offer in that thread, under Manage My Account and Manage My Promotions.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by Beckles
Since it has the same expiration date as the offer discussed in this thread, I would bet if you're targeted you'll find it in the same place as the offer in that thread, under Manage My Account and Manage My Promotions.
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't checked that webpage for some time, but just checked it now and noticed that while I didn't get the offer that OP received, I was entitled to register for an offer entitled "Earn on the Double". This deal promises a bonus 2000 MQM's and 2000 RDM's for any trip booked and flown prior to 7/10/14; after that I should receive double MQM's and RDM's for flights to and from LGA prior to 7/10/14.

FWIW, I'm currently a PM but have flown only small amounts in 2014.

ETA: just noticed that my offer was the same as reported here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...2014-04-a.html

Last edited by Bago'peanuts; Apr 23, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL GE
I never win the Delta Lotto
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:49 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I got that double miles thing too And i am a cheapo diamond
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Just booked my May and June travel... would have qualified for PM
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
I'm so sick of these offers. I understand DL can do these, but what a slap in the face to their true loyal customers whom practically live on DL planes each week to earn PM status, yet others can do it in as little as 4 domestic roundtrips. Which could be something ridiculous like 4x JFK-BOS r/t's. On top of that, why are we only seeing DL give these status challenges? Are they seeing that many medallions leaving that they need to get more?

So here's my question - come next year after MQD's kick-in and everyone will have either had to hit the spend or qualify for the AMEX waiver, will DL still be just giving status away like this?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by DarkLord925
Just received this from DL.

Subject: Higher Status Is Closer Than You Think
So much for thinning the herd.

Cue Bubba.

David
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave
So much for thinning the herd.

Cue Bubba.

David
That is why I never give credence to the PR hype.

"Thinning the herd" and "less crowding in the clubs"... doubt that we will ever see substantive improvement in either.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I'm so sick of these offers. I understand DL can do these, but what a slap in the face to their true loyal customers whom practically live on DL planes each week to earn PM status, yet others can do it in as little as 4 domestic roundtrips. Which could be something ridiculous like 4x JFK-BOS r/t's. On top of that, why are we only seeing DL give these status challenges? Are they seeing that many medallions leaving that they need to get more?

So here's my question - come next year after MQD's kick-in and everyone will have either had to hit the spend or qualify for the AMEX waiver, will DL still be just giving status away like this?
They'll be doing it even more than they are now.

Don't you know, this is how they "thin the herd" and provide "a more exclusive medallion experience."

LOL
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:53 am

I'm so sick of these offers. I understand DL can do these, but what a slap in the face to their true loyal customers whom practically live on DL planes each week to earn PM status, yet others can do it in as little as 4 domestic roundtrips.
DL doesn't care about your loyalty, they care about how much money you bring them. Targeted offers are predicated on the idea that if DL gets the market share they'll end up with a lot of cash at some point.

Depends on market share, loads and margins. Frankly at a certain point it seems like DL is getting a bit desperate in NYC. They put a lot of money into the market but getting money back out has been a very slow process.

I haven't looked at the latest earning, in previous quarters it seemed like MSP, DTW and ATL were making the Benjamins for the company while NYC was a money pit. Did they disclose anything on NYC in the latest reports?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by motytrah
DL doesn't care about your loyalty, they care about how much money you bring them. Targeted offers are predicated on the idea that if DL gets the market share they'll end up with a lot of cash at some point.
This seems contradictory?! How can I bring them money if I'm not being loyal?

Saying they don't care about my loyalty is saying they don't care about my money, no?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:20 am

This seems contradictory?! How can I bring them money if I'm not being loyal?

Saying they don't care about my loyalty is saying they don't care about my money, no?
Just look at the 2015 program changes. Status is for those that spend $$$ with DL. Miles will be granted based on dollars spent. Putting the time in with DL (i.e. BIS miles and segments) isn't good enough anymore.

I'm not loyal at all to DL. Comparing 1-stop to 1-stop I'll fly AA if they are cheaper. But since I'm a F/J flyer I'll do way better in 2015 on the handful of flights I take on DL than some schlub putting the time in on LUT fares in coach.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by motytrah
Just look at the 2015 program changes. Status is for those that spend $$$ with DL. Miles will be granted based on dollars spent. Putting the time in with DL (i.e. BIS miles and segments) isn't good enough anymore.

I'm not loyal at all to DL. Comparing 1-stop to 1-stop I'll fly AA if they are cheaper. But since I'm a F/J flyer I'll do way better in 2015 on the handful of flights I take on DL than some schlub putting the time in on LUT fares in coach.
I think you're confused - there's no change next year to earning MQMs, which is what earns one status. Earning status next year will be the same as this year. The RDM's are what's changing, and yes, that's based on $ spent next year.

BIS miles will still get you the same next year for status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.