Wiki Posts
Search

LGA bonus MQM promotion 2014-04

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

Flyers, I just received an invitation to register at Delta for an ex-LGA promotion.

Text:

As thanks for flying Delta, you’ll earn an additional 2,000 bonus miles and 2,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) when you book and fly your next Delta or Delta Connection® marketed and operated round-trip flight by July 10th to and from anywhere. After that, keep enjoying accelerated earning each time you fly a Delta or Delta Connection® marketed and operated segment to or from LaGuardia (LGA) through July 10th for double miles and double MQMs.

Those bonus miles will get you closer to your next Award Ticket and the MQMs put you on your way to even better Medallion perks, like:

Higher priority for Medallion Complimentary Upgrades
Access to Sky Priority® benefits like Priority Boarding
Complimentary domestic Economy Comfort™ seating at booking
And more
Register now to earn 2,000 miles and MQMs when you fly from anywhere and keep flying Delta from LGA to earn twice as fast.

--

Terms & Conditions

Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by July 10, 2014.

Offer: Eligible members must first enroll in the promotion by July 10, 2014 in order to participate. Flights booked prior to enrollment will not be eligible for this promotion. Flights must be booked and completed within the promotional period, which is through July 10, 2014. Enrolled members will earn 2,000 miles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) when they book and fly their first round-trip Delta or Delta Connection® marketed and operated flight. Members will then be eligible to earn double miles and MQMs on the first nonstop flight out of or into New York-LaGuardia (LGA) on any Delta or Delta Connection marketed and operated flights. Flights purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual are eligible. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. There is no limit to the bonus miles and MQMs that can be earned within the qualification period. Double bonus miles and MQMs will be awarded on base miles only and will not be awarded for mileage bonuses, including Medallion mileage bonus, or other class of service mileage or MQM bonuses.

Validity Period: To participate in this offer, you must register by July 10, 2014. Enrollment ends 11:59:59 PM, U.S. CST, on July 10, 2014.

SkyMiles Program: All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Offer void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change.

Miscellaneous: Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Upgrades are subject to limited availability and may not be available on all flights. For full terms and conditions of Medallion status please visit delta.com/medallionterms.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970609.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I didn't get an email but the promo was waiting in my SM account when I logged in. Incredibly, Mrs. Lee was also eligible!

First time I've been eligible for a promo that will actually do me any good!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:37 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
For anyone looking for this (took me a minute or two to find), under the SkyMiles menu in the upper right of the homepage select "Manage My Account" then "Manage My Promotions" is down in the lower right part of the screen.
Originally Posted by gooselee
I didn't get an email but the promo was waiting in my SM account when I logged in.
Same here ...
Originally Posted by gooselee
First time I've been eligible for a promo that will actually do me any good!
Unfortunately probably not the same here!

Edited to add: My 22 month old twins who live here in MCI and have a single flight credited to their SkyMiles account each also were eligible for this promotion, so it does not seem very narrowly targeted.

Last edited by Beckles; Apr 23, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Beckles
Unfortunately probably not the same here!
Are you sure? The way I read it, if you have have yet to book any travel before 7/10/14, you'll at least get the initial 2k MQM/RDM.

The LGA bit is just for the double MQMs after that first trip.

Heck, even if you don't have anything planned (or if you've already booked all of it), it might be worth a cheap weekend trip to snag the extra 2k MQM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
so, it seems that your first flight can be betweeen any two points that delta flies to for the bonus miles and MQMs? Then, after that it has to be to/from lga?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You're right and that's actually pretty clearly stated so I don't think it's a mistake.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum

I'm not sure I understand. You need to do two separate trips to get the full benefit. You can't just fly round trip from Lga once?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I wonder if folks in Seattle who get the double MQMS will get quad MQMs if they fly SEA-LGA? (Edited: Didn't see the "non-stop" clause in my first read)

I didn't get an email but was able to register. I am pretty booked up until the end of July so no chance for DMQM but I'll take the 2k MQM

I am glad Delta is continuing to "thin the herd"
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
so, it seems that your first flight can be betweeen any two points that delta flies to for the bonus miles and MQMs? Then, after that it has to be to/from lga?
That's how Delta advertises it, but I read it differently.
Enrolled members will earn 2,000 miles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) when they book and fly their first round-trip Delta or Delta Connection® marketed and operated flight. Members will then be eligible to earn double miles and MQMs on the first nonstop flight out of or into New York-LaGuardia (LGA) on any Delta or Delta Connection marketed and operated flights.

{snip}

There is no limit to the bonus miles and MQMs that can be earned within the qualification period.

I read the bolded sentence to say that you get the double MQM's into/out of LGA once, despite the last sentence. That matches the context of how the eligibility for the 2000 MQM bonus is written.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
That's how I'm reading it.

But this part of the T&Cs I think is weird:
Members will then be eligible to earn double miles and MQMs on the first nonstop flight out of or into New York-LaGuardia (LGA) on any Delta or Delta Connection marketed and operated flights.
I *think* it's worded this way to indicate that if you do something like LGA-MSP-LAX, you only earn double on the LGA-MSP portion. However, based on the more market-y language up top, it seems that you should be able to fly that route as many times as you want prior to 7/10, and earn double on LGA-MSP each of those multiple times. If not, then the marketing text is contradictory to the T&Cs.

Also, cue the FT discussion on what the longest nonstop routes out of LGA are.

ETA: Re ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens's interpretation - that's how I read it at first, but that would be in direct contradiction to the up-top text that says "keep enjoying accelerated earning each time you fly a Delta or Delta Connection® marketed and operated segment to or from LaGuardia (LGA)". I'm hoping it's just poor wording and not a goof in how the promotion is actually supposed to work.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I wonder if folks in Seattle who get the double MQMS will get quad MQMs if they fly SEA-LGA?
The fine print does not say that you can't combine the 2X LGA with any other offer. However, I read the rules to say that you only get the 2X MQM on the segment XXX-LGA or LGA-XXX, rather than the entire itinerary. I think that the 2X SEA promotion works similarly (for itineraries SEA-YYY or YYY-SEA).

So if there is a nonstop SEA-LGA, I would think you could recieve 4X MQM. But think you'll just get a net 2X (2X SEA-XXX + 2X XXX-LGA) if you have to make 1 connection.

SEA-ATL-LGA anyone?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
It sees that the promotional language and T&C are out of sync with one another.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Two questions:

Can you fly MSp-LGA and knock out both?

And

Could i go LGA-XXX many times and earn double MQM more than once during the promo??
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Wow, a promo I'm actually eligible for. That doesn't happen very often.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jspira
It sees that the promotional language and T&C are out of sync with one another.
It wouldn't be a Delta promo if the T&Cs weren't ambiguous or confusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.