Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Bag Tag Replacements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

No Bag Tag Replacements

This may not be news to everyone on the forum, but it's news to me. Delta will not replace bag tags for Medallions. Turns out Delta prints all the bag tags in bulk and has a vendor in India mail everything out to Medallions. Jeff Robertson, VP Skymiles, says the cost to replace broken / lost / stolen bag tags sums well into the 7-digits every year. As a result, Delta is no longer replacing bag tags.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:06 am

I displayed my bag tag for years before it broke off. I couldn't imagine requesting new one. Aside from checking out in First Class is there any real purpose to the bag tags?

Membership card, yes. bag tag, no.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta, United
Why would any one expect a replacement? They give them to you for free each year you make status. While a nice perk I am actually surprised they are still sending them out with the packets. For that matter, Delta prints out phat plastic medallion cards each year when most of industries have gone to a laminated paper card. If you need a replacement take hole punch to last years medallion card and use that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.