Wiki Posts
Search

Changed In-Flight Services webpage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Changed In-Flight Services webpage

DL has changed its In-Flight Services webpages - there's now a completely new layout, and for the Economy section (which I check regularly to make sure there's still mention of "complimentary Biscoffs and pretzels"), the text has changed to:

Treat your taste buds to tried-and-true fare. Light complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will keep you fueled up on your next flight.
This is on the Economy page. There is no longer any mention of Biscoffs. Not trying to raise a red flag or alarm, but I hope this revamped page is not a harbinger of the discontinuation of free Biscoffs/pretzels/nuts in Y. Previously, the website was very clear about saying that flights over 250 miles (I think?) would get complimentary Biscoff cookies/pretzels/nuts (for some reason, archive.org would not let me go back and retrieve the website, its acting very funky), but now those exact mentions are gone, so that's what raised a bit of suspicion.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ith-delta.html

BTW, is it just me, or does the page render very sloppily in Safari (7.0.3)? The red "Go" link on the bottom of the webpage keeps blinking, and it's just very scattered.

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Apr 19, 2014 at 2:07 am
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you are being overly paranoid. Here's an older page. Biscoffs are only mentioned on flights before 9:45AM.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130512...my-dining.html
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Those pictures on the Delta website reminded me of this:

Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Interesting. I just checked the FC listings because a few days ago I noticed some flights, such as MSP-DTW or VV, in the 500-1000 mile range that seem to no longer offer the FC snack basket according to the result when you click on details then meals during the booking process.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Also note that on longer domestic flights F meals are now served until 9PM
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:22 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I dunno. I flew PIT/DTW early AM on Apr 11, & got the whole "luxury" snack basket, with bananas, granola bars, etc.

Apr 15 DTW/PIT evening flight, the basket only had the Y standard Biscoffs, pretzels & peanutz. I asked - "No good stuff tonite"? FA said - "Not on the short flights".

Go figure.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Actually, it said "In addition to our complimentary snacks and beverages" for 600mi+ flights.

DL only served Biscoffs on flights up to 9:45am for 250-600mi flights, but 600mi+ flights got Biscoffs all day in Y.

Originally Posted by LBJ
I think you are being overly paranoid. Here's an older page. Biscoffs are only mentioned on flights before 9:45AM.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130512...my-dining.html
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Also note that on longer domestic flights F meals are now served until 9PM
There were occasionally some exceptions to this rule, but is this documented now? I still think transcons in the 9pm-10pm window should at least have a tray snack of some sort.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
There were occasionally some exceptions to this rule, but is this documented now? I still think transcons in the 9pm-10pm window should at least have a tray snack of some sort.
Transcons have always been an exception....a meal is always served in BE, though on late night flights its lighter.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Transcons have always been an exception....a meal is always served in BE, though on late night flights its lighter.
Im talking about flights like ATL-SAN/LAX/SFO/SEA/LAS/PHX, etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.