Search

Change gets me upgraded

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Change gets me upgraded

So, I had a trip scheduled on Monday with a flight IND-DTW to destination A. Today, I cancelled that trip and booked a trip to destination B on the same IND-DTW segment. Previously, I was going to play the gate lottery. As soon as the other ticket was purchased, I ended up in F. It is not a full Y. Any explanations?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
1. You're 100% sure you were "upgrade requested" on the old itinerary and didn't get bit by the "upgrade eligible" bug that rears its head from time to time?
2. Coincidental timing on the release of additional upgrade inventory?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2.5MM; HH:Diamond; HGVC
Might be since you are within the DM upgrade window, the program ran tonight and upgraded you. I have been upgraded as a DM at the 3 & 1 day windows and not the 5 day window before. If so, it means you would have been upgraded under the original itinerary.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by lindsey1
Might be since you are within the DM upgrade window, the program ran tonight and upgraded you. I have been upgraded as a DM at the 3 & 1 day windows and not the 5 day window before. If so, it means you would have been upgraded under the original itinerary.
I've noticed that the release of RU/OU space does often tend to occur at upgrade windows. However, the Upgrade Eligible bug that javabytes mentioned would be my first guess.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
As a DM, I literally always get upgraded IND-DTW (as long as it's not a barbie jet). I would be that by the time you rebooked, there was upgrade inventory available and you were insta-upgraded as a result.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am about as sure I could be about it being upgrade requested. I just looked at it early today to see if I had been upgraded but before I got change orders. For the record, I am a pissy PM now for a little while, just haven't changed my profile.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by indufan
So, I had a trip scheduled on Monday with a flight IND-DTW to destination A. Today, I cancelled that trip and booked a trip to destination B on the same IND-DTW segment. Previously, I was going to play the gate lottery. As soon as the other ticket was purchased, I ended up in F. It is not a full Y. Any explanations?
Pure coincidence?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Pure coincidence?
Without another reason to articulate, I guess that is what it will be chalked up to.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
For the record, I am a pissy PM now for a little while, just haven't changed my profile.
Good to know....next time we cross paths you get to carry my bags.....
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Just out of curiosity. .. did your fare bucket change? X to K? Or similar?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am about as sure I could be about it being upgrade requested. I just looked at it early today to see if I had been upgraded but before I got change orders. For the record, I am a pissy PM now for a little while, just haven't changed my profile.
At least you get to fly out of a great airport IMHO - and you can always go and eat out at St Elmo's for heavenly Shrimp Cocktail that blows your head off
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
At least you get to fly out of a great airport IMHO - and you can always go and eat out at St Elmo's for heavenly Shrimp Cocktail that blows your head off
IMHO, the shrimp cocktail is just OK (but it does blow your head off, or at least blows everything out out it) and otherwise the place is the most overrated place to eat in the city. Strangely enough, it's sister restaurant, Harry & Izzy's, is one of my favorites.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Just out of curiosity. .. did your fare bucket change? X to K? Or similar?
I don't know. The ticket price was quite a bit lower...gotta love a market that WN hits hard (MCI)...only $322 on a 4 day advance.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

otherwise the place is the most overrated place to eat in the city.

I would not go that far but I respect your opinion. I suppose you could say the same about the Metropolitan Grill in Seattle.

Strangely enough, it's sister restaurant, Harry & Izzy's, is one of my favorites.
I totally agree about Harry and Izzy's - but they keep the shrimp cocktail at the same price 15$ - or it was when I was last there.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:07 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
For the record, I am a pissy PM now for a little while, just haven't changed my profile.
would the proper term for that be a PPM?

Platinum renewal before June, Diamond by October. Probably the first and last time I'll make Diamond Medallion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.