Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AF keeps crediting Flying Blue, not Skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom

3 of my last 4 AF trips, AF has credited the flights to Flying Blue, despite my calling in advance to make sure my Skymiles number is on the itinerary, my checking in with my Skymiles number, and my Skymiles number being on all my boarding passes.

My Skyteam Elite status (as a DL Plat) has been recognized without a problem, even when the miles went into FB. In fact, I & a companion have been given OpUps to business, and access to preferred seats.

I flew about 3 weeks ago, it happened. A number of emails with FB and Delta, a phone call and a fax later, I got it fixed. On my return trip on Monday, it happened again (my wife's flight went into Delta, mine to FB).

Anyone else running into this? Any strategy to prevent this? It's a time sink to fix this for every flight.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This happend one time to me after I had opened up the PNR on the AF website while being logged in, it saved it some how to my Flying blue profile. Even on there, it still reflected sky priority for seats etc, however, doing so some how got it jammed in there for their mileage program and took quite a while to get it unwound.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
How are you booking your flights?

When I book AF flights, I'll first try to book through DL.com. Then I'll try calling the medallion line. If all else fails and I need to book through AF, I use private browsing to go to AF.com and I make sure I don't log in to my FB account or add my number anywhere there (I'll call in with it later).

It's a bit of a PITA, but it serves my paranoia about exactly what you're experiencing and so far has worked relatively well. My AF flights either credit to DL correctly, or they just don't credit at all which is an entirely different problem.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Originally Posted by gooselee
How are you booking your flights?

When I book AF flights, I'll first try to book through DL.com. Then I'll try calling the medallion line. If all else fails and I need to book through AF, I use private browsing to go to AF.com and I make sure I don't log in to my FB account or add my number anywhere there (I'll call in with it later).

It's a bit of a PITA, but it serves my paranoia about exactly what you're experiencing and so far has worked relatively well. My AF flights either credit to DL correctly, or they just don't credit at all which is an entirely different problem.
The last trip was booked on the AF site (I was taking advantage of a premium economy sale). The prior trip was through a corporate travel agency site.

I think the Air France web site is probably the cause.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:27 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If you never give AF your FB number wont that solve your problem?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:34 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by opus17
The last trip was booked on the AF site (I was taking advantage of a premium economy sale). The prior trip was through a corporate travel agency site.

I think the Air France web site is probably the cause.
You can have an Air France log-on ID that is correlated to your Delta Skymiles number. Just setup a new Air France / KLM profile, with NO Flying Blue number (just your profile credentials and Delta ID). [this is what I do, but you won't automatically get any Elite benefits, you have to tweet for EC etc, but I am able to review my requested EC seats (etc.) after requesting via Twitter]

Use this profile to book tickets and review itineraries.

You have to keep your FlyingBlue number "more than arms-length" from AF/KLM.

Only use your log-on ID correlated to your Flying Blue number when you desire to credit to FlyingBlue or have to book an award ticket using FlyingBlue.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
My experience two days ago was the same as it's been for a few years and how I've purchased tickets with miles successfully going to my SM account. If you have a FB number and are signed in, then when booking af.com will automatically fill in your name, address and FB number after selecting your flights. Name and FB number field cannot be changed. Learned this two days ago when accidentally signed in.

I had to sign out, restart the entire process and then had to put in name, address, and SM number manually. Miles will now go to SM. Not that this is the only thing which will cause the problem.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.