Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New configuration for BE cabin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL said internally today that they ARE NOT considering changing (at least for now) the UD from BE to Economy or EC so we can do away with that rumour.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:56 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I believe someone posted confirming that the 744 rumor was nothing but a rumor and won't happen due to the 744s short life span remaining.
Here's a copy of the post you're referring to:

Originally Posted by roknroll
I think the idea was initially floated to pilots and crew on the 747s, but was shelved due to DL not wanting to spend all the money on mods and have the aircraft out of service when they are going to be retiring the 747 in the near future.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
DL said internally today that they ARE NOT considering changing (at least for now) the UD from BE to Economy or EC so we can do away with that rumour.
Just like they said they were not considering merging with Northwest. We all see how that turned out.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Source? Is this hearsay, or was there a memo?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Late-production 744s are the new DC-9. Think like a shareholder and ask why not more, and move some to high density routes? These shells are getting close to scrap value, yet Pax (like us) love them like Mustangs and Corvettes, and late vintage should offer another 10 to 12 years.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Burj
Is it me, or a trick of the camera, or is the aisle REALLY that narrow?!
That was my very first thought.

My second was picturing someone trying to drag a 23" rollaboard up through there and getting it wedged in between the seats.

Looks like AF's window seats still have the side bins, at least.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Well even if it is hearsay, it's no more so than the original rumor that the reconfiguration would take place.

Last edited by javabytes; Apr 17, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by gooselee
That was my very first thought.

My second was picturing someone trying to drag a 23" rollaboard up through there and getting it wedged in between the seats.

Looks like AF's window seats still have the side bins, at least.
Well where else should a 23" roll-aboard go on the UD in 3x3 config? There certainly won't be room in the bins
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mother-
Well where else should a 23" roll-aboard go on the UD in 3x3 config? There certainly won't be room in the bins
On the AF B744 UD, there's a storage area back behind the steps by the galley. I've put my bag there a coupl'a times.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: DL, SPG
Originally Posted by lamont2718
I also can confirm this from a reliable internal source. Not a pilot, someone at HQ. Upper deck appears to be staying business elite.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by davetravels
On the AF B744 UD, there's a storage area back behind the steps by the galley. I've put my bag there a coupl'a times.
I used that area when I was in 80K but had to wait on at least one FA before I could grab my bag and run down the stairs.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
That AF photo is the most depressing picture I've seen in a while. How sad would that be if Delta did that to their UD?
+1
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AdamDunn32
I also can confirm this from a reliable internal source. Not a pilot, someone at HQ. Upper deck appears to be staying business elite.
Your source is probably better than mine but I just flew the 747 UD and the FA told me the idea was floated internally to get some feedback. The pilots especially didn't like it, not that the FA's were thrilled either because it meant much more work upstairs, more crowded, etc. Funny, she also said specifically the PM/DM's wouldn't like it because they value these seats so much.

Bottom line, keep on booking your 747 UD BE seats. They won't be going anywhere soon.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Your source is probably better than mine but I just flew the 747 UD and the FA told me the idea was floated internally to get some feedback. The pilots especially didn't like it, not that the FA's were thrilled either because it meant much more work upstairs, more crowded, etc. Funny, she also said specifically the PM/DM's wouldn't like it because they value these seats so much.

Bottom line, keep on booking your 747 UD BE seats. They won't be going anywhere soon.
I bought 3 744 tickets last year (Asia) and two this year and am trying to lock in one ticket now for 2015.

But if we lose the BE UD then my plans will change as I will not pay the same price and accept long layovers like I do for the 744.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
But if we lose the BE UD then my plans will change as I will not pay the same price and accept long layovers like I do for the 744.
+1

Or travel East to ATL to go TPAC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.