Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Qualified for 2015 Diamond, and have not received one upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualified for 2015 Diamond, and have not received one upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:27 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I'm a lowly PM and have almost 50 segments this year and I have been upgraded on about 80% of the upgradeable ones. (I've been to Europe and South Africa once already each this year).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
True and it turns out that OP has indeed flown XX,XXX miles so far this year. However, one could be DM for 2015 thanks to rollover and have not yet flown a single segment this year. In that case, OP would have received no upgrades almost by definition.

Also, 15 segments for 64,000 MQMs could mean lots of domestic transcon non stops, which were tough upgrades, at least on some days of the week but now are not eligible for free elite upgrades.
You are totally missing the point I believe.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:35 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Here are the details

C-2
I-7
Z-2
P-1
S-3

Just interesting that it was possible for me to get to Diamond with no upgrades for the first time ever.
You're 0 for 3 at worst ... you certainly know how to create buzz though, are you in marketing?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Not so sure it can all be blamed on FCM. Tried to change a TPAC return connection ex-JFK. There were no F seats available n/s on other flts and this is a month out. Even tried to do another connection via BOS/DTW/whatever to get home earlier. Heck, I would have taken SLC if available. Found only one possible, getting me home an hour earlier via ATL and that one rubs up against the MCT.

Anecdotal but it seems like more pax are buying F. Also anecdotal but based on FT threads, more are buying discount F when possible and lots of PWM and certs, not to mention F awards despite the devaluations. Good for the airlines, bad for us who are looking for UG’s.
I have been flying PDX-ATL-PBI twice a month since December and all have been A or P fares. Usually the difference between coach and first has been about $200 (book about 8-10 days out).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Beckles
You're 0 for 3 at worst ... you certainly know how to create buzz though, are you in marketing?
Or perhaps an attorney?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:03 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I think the longest complimentary upgradable flight is the seasonal ATL-ANC, at 3,417 miles.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by MSPGabe
I think the longest complimentary upgradable flight is the seasonal ATL-ANC, at 3,417 miles.

I didn't even know they had that route! Damn, how long is the flight? Is First usually open enough to get UGs? I know that Hawaii is now a complimentary upgrade...but First sells out all the time to Hawaii.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Or perhaps an attorney?
Or a Troll.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by apodo77
I have been flying PDX-ATL-PBI twice a month since December and all have been A or P fares. Usually the difference between coach and first has been about $200 (book about 8-10 days out).
I had to go to LAS on short notice; the cheapest fare DCA-xxx-LAS (coded T) was $832; however, the big D had an A fare BWI-SLC-LAS and return for $956.

No brainer there.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Houston
Or perhaps an attorney?
LOL
Guess DC address gives stuff away

It does make me laugh how folks take this stuff way too seriously.

I've spent twice what anyone has listed on the MQD thread and yet I'm not even a Delta 360 HVC.

So I'm irrelevant to Delta and I know it
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
LOL
Ahhh, a politician. No wonder you've avoided answering the questions regarding the routes you typically fly while teasing us with enough select data points to create a buzz. Well played.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:27 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
DL Platinum Medallion - 9 of 10 upgrades since 1-Jan, only miss was ATL-LAX where I was 3 away.

I was 84% on upgrades in 2012 and 92% last year.

Greg

Last edited by GregL; Apr 13, 2014 at 9:33 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Now I see, he is not a troll he is a Lobbyist. At least if he was a politician he would be accountable to someone and it is obvious from his spend brag that he does not sound too accountable to anyone.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
LOL

It does make me laugh how folks take this stuff way too seriously.

I've spent twice what anyone has listed on the MQD thread and yet I'm not even a Delta 360 HVC.

So I'm irrelevant to Delta and I know it

Oh Brother, was this an ego post or pitty party???
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Policy Changes

New rules affecting you. Only lookers get moved to F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.