Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Weird...DL just automatically held an award reservation for me...

Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

Yesterday about 5pm I was looking at a last-minute award ticket PHX-PDX for today. I clicked a pair of LOW 25k out/inbound flights (yes, they exist and yes there were 3 LOW options) and got to the summary page but did not select "redeem" or anything, for that matter. I simply left the page open for a bit and then my iPhone turned off.

About 3 hours later I log onto My Delta and the trip is asking me to "Check In" for my upcoming flight...

So, I clicked it to see what in the heck happened and apparently it automatically held this trip for me... This was on April 3 and it said I had until April 3 to redeem this held itinerary.

I tried to do another dummy booking to see if there were any other LOW award tickets leaving at night and there weren't.

So, I obviously redeemed it and checked in as normal and I fly out tonight.

I know the 72 hour holds went away, but since this flight was inside the 72-hour-from-departure-window where it says you can't make any changes/redeposits, is there any reason it was held for me?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by 355F1
Yesterday about 5pm I was looking at a last-minute award ticket PHX-PDX for today. I clicked a pair of LOW 25k out/inbound flights (yes, they exist and yes there were 3 LOW options) and got to the summary page but did not select "redeem" or anything, for that matter. I simply left the page open for a bit and then my iPhone turned off.

About 3 hours later I log onto My Delta and the trip is asking me to "Check In" for my upcoming flight...

So, I clicked it to see what in the heck happened and apparently it automatically held this trip for me... This was on April 3 and it said I had until April 3 to redeem this held itinerary.

I tried to do another dummy booking to see if there were any other LOW award tickets leaving at night and there weren't.

So, I obviously redeemed it and checked in as normal and I fly out tonight.

I know the 72 hour holds went away, but since this flight was inside the 72-hour-from-departure-window where it says you can't make any changes/redeposits, is there any reason it was held for me?
I read somewhere on some post that apparently you can "trick" it to hold it for you as if an error occurred...but onyl for several hours
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I read somewhere on some post that apparently you can "trick" it to hold it for you as if an error occurred...but onyl for several hours
But I didn't push ANYTHING to even try to hold it. I actually exited out of the website! :confised:

I didn't even enter any CC info until I actually "redeemed" the trip.
Bizarre, I tell ya!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:22 pm

I booked an award ticket for my friend and it was "held" because her last name has a dash which caused the website to throw an error and temporarily hold it
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
That would be HERE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.