Wiki Posts
Search

DL to move to NAIA T3 at MNL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
DL to move to NAIA T3 at MNL

Good news, DL announced today here in the Philippines that they will be moving operations to MNL's NAIA T3 from NAIA T1 starting August 1, 2014. Great news, T1 is/was a dump. Just curious as to whether or not they will move the SkyClub from T1 to T3 or close it all together. Sure hope they move it also.

http://www.rappler.com/business/indu...rations-naia-3

Last edited by craig44485; Mar 25, 2014 at 4:22 am Reason: Link added
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Good news, DL MNL arrival and departures should be more bearable.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:19 pm

It will make getting to/from domestic connections at T2 far more difficult however. And traffic on Andrews Ave/Aurora Blvd or the SLEX can be really bad at times. Traffic-wise, i would have preferred if DL remained at T1.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
It will make getting to/from domestic connections at T2 far more difficult however. And traffic on Andrews Ave/Aurora Blvd or the SLEX can be really bad at times. Traffic-wise, i would have preferred if DL remained at T1.
I felt that the transit time from Mabini to T3 (flying out on NH) was not too bad at all, I did like the exit directly off of the SLEX. Although now, with T3 switching from 5J and NH to everyone from T1, the immigration queues will probably become as large as they were in T1.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
The 2 DL FLIGHTS 630 and 172 depart at 7 and 7:55am, so you should be there 3 hours before the flight, traffic is tolerable at 3:30-4am in Manila, arrivals of 473 and 629 are approximately 10pm, there will be some traffic then, but nothing like 5-8pm. Never had to do a terminal transfer at MNL as I live in Makati and it takes me 10-15 minutes to get there or come home from the airport. YMMV
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by craig44485
The 2 DL FLIGHTS 630 and 172 depart at 7 and 7:55am, so you should be there 3 hours before the flight, traffic is tolerable at 3:30-4am in Manila, arrivals of 473 and 629 are approximately 10pm, there will be some traffic then, but nothing like 5-8pm. Never had to do a terminal transfer at MNL as I live in Makati and it takes me 10-15 minutes to get there or come home from the airport. YMMV
I agree that the best feature about DL MNL arrival and departure via NGO or NRT are the times which make traffic bearable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.