Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Can DL just print these ads on the bag tag? It wouldn't be as pretty, but would require less personnel-hours.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Palal
Can DL just print these ads on the bag tag? It wouldn't be as pretty, but would require less personnel-hours.
Hopefully someone higher up at DL sees this post and questions the underlings who decided it needed to be something added to the bags. Could you imagine the paid professionals explaining why they didn't think of this common sense way of doing it, instead of a way that adds cost to DL. Some guy on the Internet thought if it. Should the professionals DL pays to make it money be smarter?

I'd have no objection with ads printed on the bag tag.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Palal
And it would be unobjectionable, because DL "owns" the tags. It's like printing ads on boarding passes.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by sethb
And it would be unobjectionable, because DL "owns" the tags. It's like printing ads on boarding passes.
Also because it would be done upfront when you check the bag, avoiding even the appearance of slowing down the process at the end when everyone is waiting for the bags to be delivered.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Often1
Regretably, you don't understand.
Mr. Grumpy.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Mar 26, 2014 at 1:31 pm
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I wonder if DL/Amex ran a couple tests of this and is waiting to see how riled up the FT crowd gets... Of course, we're obviously not the target demographic for this type of advertising anyway, but someone has to be the guinea pig.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Hopefully someone higher up at DL sees this post and questions the underlings who decided it needed to be something added to the bags. Could you imagine the paid professionals explaining why they didn't think of this common sense way of doing it, instead of a way that adds cost to DL. Some guy on the Internet thought if it. Should the professionals DL pays to make it money be smarter?
Well, green fonts have appeared in the logged on user box more frequently today than is typical. This seems to happen when something controversial is newly introduced to the forum.

Perhaps they are getting the message.

=====================================

Edited to add: Of course, there are a number of new controversial topics today.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Oh...about as long as it takes the cabin cleaners to remove your stickers and replace the AS magazine. No one else is going to notice or care.
Well depending on when they are placed...or if the cabin crew had magazines swapped

Should be interesting in SLC with AS' upcoming increased presence this summer :-:

Now that would be fun- attaching an AS plane to DL bags
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:02 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Maybe it would be better if DL hired some of the "card snappers" from the Las Vegas Strip to work baggage claim with Amex applications...

Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat75, MR Plat, UA Silver, GE/NEXUS
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Maybe it would be better if DL hired some of the "card snappers" from the Las Vegas Strip to work baggage claim with Amex applications...
They practically already have this, don't they? Just about every flight I have out of LAX there's a few people telling passersby they can get 30k skypesos for signing up.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by allanak
They practically already have this, don't they? Just about every flight I have out of LAX there's a few people telling passersby they can get 30k skypesos for signing up.
^^This^^

I'm really getting tired of constantly being accosted by these jerks.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Frogbone
^^This^^

I'm really getting tired of constantly being accosted by these jerks.
I suddenly find something on the opposite side of the concourse very interesting as I walk by them...
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe if the concourse AmEx hawkers are repurposed to apply the ads to checked bags, some of us might view this policy as a win. But I doubt that they have the requisite transferable job skills.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
No, flyertalk, my web browser is NOT for free advertising.

No, California, my highway is NOT for free advertising.

No, Google, my inbox is NOT for free advertising.

No, taxi commission, my taxis are NOT for free advertising.

I'll bet half of you are in marketing, advertising, or business development, and should know better.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stencil
No, flyertalk, my web browser is NOT for free advertising.

No, California, my highway is NOT for free advertising.

No, Google, my inbox is NOT for free advertising.

No, taxi commission, my taxis are NOT for free advertising.

I'll bet half of you are in marketing, advertising, or business development, and should know better.
Those things don't belong to you. Also, it's just irritating to have this pushed in your face at every stage of your trip, especially if you already have it or were denied for it.

I want to start a new thread. Speculation: How long until we see a Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express Card special livery?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe if the concourse AmEx hawkers are repurposed to apply the ads to checked bags, some of us might view this policy as a win. But I doubt that they have the requisite transferable job skills.
THIS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.