Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Thumbs down No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Hey Folks,
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had this happen to them yet. My bag dropped about 40 minutes after my flight arrived. I think I've figured out why! They took the time to tag EVERY bag with an advertisement for AMEX. Not just the regular bags, but also the Sky Priority bags that obviously were not paid checked bags.

Here's the deal, I guess I wouldn't have had too much of an issue had the bags dropped in 20 minutes, or if they were more targeted... but with the devaluation of the loyalty programs, and a total lack of responsiveness over the last months to $$$ producing pax complaints, they can keep their advertising off my bag!

Here's my post to their facebook wall. I start out saying I am going to be calm, but you can see that got away from me a little towards the end.

Agree, disagree, flame, slow-clap... reply how ever you want.

"Hello Delta. I'd like to calmly let you know that I am very, VERY mad about your attaching advertising to my checked bag on my flight to SEA tonight. First, last year Delta begins to devlaue the SkyMiles medallion program. Then, free products in the SkyClubs are no longer free. Then, the MQD's roll in. As if that wasn't enough, we have a new revenue based model coming soon, without a commitment to have the same or greater seats at the lowest, not just lower, level for reward flying. Let's not also forget the SkyClub devaluation program from the begining of the year. FURTHER, the FCM/FMC program that is leaving fewer and fewer seats for Diamond Medallion's to be upgraded. (My flight tonight went from 13 open in first to 0, and I have both Diamond and AMEX RSRV!)... So, until we start seeing a recommitment to loyalty, STOP PUTTING YOUR ADVERTISING ON MY BAG. Do we have an understanding!?!?!?!?"

B
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:01 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
So are you going to get the Amex card or not?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors

Originally Posted by puddinhead
So are you going to get the Amex card or not?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
I'm speechless, UA didn't even think of that first, wow. They really are behind the curve in everything; even when they seemingly pioneered credit card whoring.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
Have it... but it may meet an untimely death in my shredder very soon!!!

BTW, love the comment
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
STOP PUTTING YOUR ADVERTISING ON MY BAG.
Yup, that's pretty messed up. Not sure how I would react. Hope I don't have to contend with it.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
I'm speechless, UA didn't even think of that first, wow. They really are behind the curve in everything; even when they seemingly pioneered credit card whoring.
Jeffy's falling behind!! I'd say he's in trouble and might be on the way out, but that might give UA PAX and Employees too much false hope...
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
Have it... but it may meet an untimely death in my shredder very soon!!!

BTW, love the comment
I have the DL Platinum Amex and I don't plan on renewing since the program has been devalued and the annual fee is going up If they want me to get the card, rather than advertising on bags they should make the product be worth what they charge
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Yet another reason for not checking a bag on DL.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Just wait a few months when you will be forced to enroll for the card before they hand over your bag.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Can you post pictures?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
What advertising? Can you elaborate more on what they exactly did and not on your emotional reaction? Was it something additional placed on the bag after you checked it?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold

Monetizing every possible interaction. They can't advertise on ticket jackets as much. Have to turn our bags into billboards now?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
What's a checked bag?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Has this happened to anyone else on any other routes yet? Im flying end of this week and was debating just checking my bag for simplicity/liquids sake.....but i dont want it to be majorly delayed so they can advertise....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.