Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Survey on JFK-LAX/SEA/SFO Flights (Earns 500 Miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First

Just received an e-mail from Delta for a survey which earns 500 miles on completion. The e-mail text didn't contain anything on the survey subject, but it was clear three questions in that it had to do with the trans-cons.

It asked about past trans-con travel patterns and upgrade success. There were some key questions about how likely I would choose Delta for these routes in the future, in which I said "absolutely not" and was able to provide reasons why (upgrade policy.) The latter half of the survey asked about marketing messages and whether they would prompt me to select Delta, in which I replied "absolutely not" and, in the free text questions that followed, provided--once again--the reason why (upgrade policy.)

Hopefully Delta will pay attention to this survey.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:57 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Plus this survey for 250 miles about the 2015 program:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22525589-post2.html

Do you think they know there are a few unhappy people?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
More likely they are trying to gauge real world vs. FT.

The whole preserving the BE spin was total BS to me, they were already doing that by withholding UGs to at gate, No one wanting last minute paid J would ever be denied a seat.

The only realized consequence of this policy is to anger a lot of loyal customers.

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Mar 15, 2014 at 8:42 am
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I will not be flying these routes until the upgrades are reinstated. As someone who isn't NYC based, those airports are so disgusting I avoided them before, certainly will now. As much as people complain about ATL and DTW they are far more efficiently designed than most other airports. DTW especially.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:00 pm

I want my surveys, where are my surveys, lemme at em.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I will not be flying these routes until the upgrades are reinstated. As someone who isn't NYC based, those airports are so disgusting I avoided them before, certainly will now. As much as people complain about ATL and DTW they are far more efficiently designed than most other airports. DTW especially.
So you never flew DL transcon before
And now after the upgrade changes you still won't fly them

What does reinstating the upgrades have to do with anything for you???
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by cfabar1
So if you're admitting that NYC isn't your origin or destination and also admitting you'd only start connecting there if DL reinstated free UGs to one of its most premium products, why would DL care about your opinion on the JFK-LAX route when they can route you through other cities and give you a complimentary UG on a less premium product, or better yet even want you routing through the JFK-LAX route to get where you're going to begin with? Your post is basically laughable as it reads "If you don't UG me for free on JFK-LAX, I'll connect somewhere else". Ummm, okay? Better for DL if you do - they'd rather save that JFK-LAX seat for an O&D passenger paying the premium for it (whether in Y or J).
Old Mar 16, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
A flight attendant friend of mine who works the trans cons said that they have been going out with either many empty seats or sometimes a half or two thirds of the forward cabin with non-– revs. There is a feeling among some of the flight attendants who work the trans Cons that at least some frequent fliers are moving to other carriers because of the inability to upgrade. They few flights go out fairly full with paying passengers – but they say, not many!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
A flight attendant friend of mine who works the trans cons said that they have been going out with either many empty seats or sometimes a half or two thirds of the forward cabin with non-– revs. There is a feeling among some of the flight attendants who work the trans Cons that at least some frequent fliers are moving to other carriers because of the inability to upgrade. They few flights go out fairly full with paying passengers – but they say, not many!
Your damn Skippy they are! I'm slowly starting to move my travels away from Delta for the first time in 12 years. I'm just waiting for a status match opportunity from AA then I am gone, gone, gone...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:56 am
Suspended

What's really interesting is that the EC section on JFK to LAX flights are starting to look very, very empty. I looked at a few dates starting as soon as next week and noted that most of the flights are EMPTY in EC. I've never seen it so bad and I've always noted these things when I flew that route.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL

DL2SXM, search "American airlines status match" and you will find some links. It seems they are not doing specifically a status match but are doing status challenges. It would seem that some have been very happy with the status challenge. One guy said he was given the appropriate SWUs and other higher level perks.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
What's really interesting is that the EC section on JFK to LAX flights are starting to look very, very empty. I looked at a few dates starting as soon as next week and noted that most of the flights are EMPTY in EC. I've never seen it so bad and I've always noted these things when I flew that route.
That would certainly be a strong indicator that what some of us have been saying is in fact happening more widely- PM/DM who fly the TCONs more than once in a blue moon are moving their flying elsewhere.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
DL2SXM, search "American airlines status match" and you will find some links. It seems they are not doing specifically a status match but are doing status challenges. It would seem that some have been very happy with the status challenge. One guy said he was given the appropriate SWUs and other higher level perks.
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/08/26/a...tive-platinum/
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: Delta DM
Someone please post the link...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.