Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL or partner Booking Open Jaw and Stop Over

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:23 am
Original Poster

If I wanted to take advantage of the open jaw and the stop over, what would be the best way to book:
MCO-CDG; CDG-MAD; MALAGA - NCE; NCE-AMS; AMS-DUS; DUS or FRA-VIE; LON (any) or MAN - MCO
I know that I will have to book some cheap European airfare or train tickets, but is there a possibility of booking somewhere along the say as a stopover?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I can't provide you an answer, but my understanding is that you'll want to avoid stopping (either as a stopover or as one of your open jaw cities) in France (CDG) or the UK (LON or MAN) due to their higher taxes for O/D passengers, especially if you're booking in a premium cabin.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Avoid long haul premium cabin departures from LHR or CDG, where you've stopped in LHR or CDG for 24 hours or more.

OP should remember that award tickets only permit four segments in each direction.

I don't think SkyTeam serves DUS/FRA-VIE, except with AMS or CDG connections.

Availability will be somewhat better if you can avoid AF/KLM segments or take KLM/AF intraEU flights very early in the morning or late in the day.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
You're allowed one stopover (> 24 hrs) and one openjaw. Using the cities you mentioned, you could something like:
MCO-CDG (stopover > 24 hrs)
CDG-MAD (destination)
-openjaw
AGP-AMS (stopover < 24 hrs)
AMS-MCO
While you're doing your CDG stopover (and/or during your MAD/AGP openjaw), you could use LCCs or the train to visit the other cities.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:20 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by orangeblossom
If I wanted to take advantage of the open jaw and the stop over, what would be the best way to book:
MCO-CDG; CDG-MAD; MALAGA - NCE; NCE-AMS; AMS-DUS; DUS or FRA-VIE; LON (any) or MAN - MCO
I know that I will have to book some cheap European airfare or train tickets, but is there a possibility of booking somewhere along the say as a stopover?

Maaine_flyer is on the right track. Do you need to visit the cities in the order you listed them? How would you get from VIE to LON/MAN?

I hope you have 2-3 weeks for this trip and are not just rushing from city to city, checking them off on a "been there, done that" list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.