Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

(Untested) Guide for Complex, Online Multi-Carrier Bookings on 006/DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
If you are using an itinerary found on ITA Matrix and involving Delta and/or partner flights, the Book With Matrix tool will usually be able to pull up the itinerary on Delta.com easily.
Print Wikipost

(Untested) Guide for Complex, Online Multi-Carrier Bookings on 006/DL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Im still having problems getting AF legs to price out, keeps returning full Y fares at ~$8k vs the $1.8k Im going for. Maybe im still doign this wrong, could someoen take a look and tell me:

http://www.delta.com/booking/priceIt...xitCountry=US&
itinSegment[0]=0:E:JFK:CDG:AF:009EC:15:2014:0&
itinSegment[1]=0:E:CDG:BKK:AF:166EC:16:2014:0&
itinSegment[2]=1:E:BKK:CDG:AF:165EC:22:2014:0&
itinSegment[3]=1:E:CDG:JFK:AF:008EC:22:2014:0&
paxCount=1&numOfSegments=4
It might be because AF doesn't have E fares? Try putting a T there instead.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by johnm1019
It might be because AF doesn't have E fares? Try putting a T there instead.
Even with T, still prices out to $8,100 each.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: dl dm, *g
Had a slight issue where I got a "your reservation is not confirmed, call us with in 24 hours...etc" while booking a combo of KLM/Air France flights in Europe. Called with in 24 hours guy said it was confirmed -- asked nothing of how I got the ticket -- but then half of the itinerary disappeared! Oh oh, I thought. Called again and asked them to look into the PNRs history and they told me it wasn't confirmed early but that it wasn't an issue and put it back on the itinerary with no problem -- again, no interest in how I got this ticket.

I previously have flown DEL-NBO-EBB on Air Kenya using this method -- no issues with that flight either.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:21 pm

Anyone had much luck with this lately? Im still trying to get a trip to BKK to price out correctly for this December and not having much luck....
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:40 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Anyone had much luck with this lately? Im still trying to get a trip to BKK to price out correctly for this December and not having much luck....
I did about 2-3 weeks ago with a DL/AS/KL itinerary. One desired option didn't price (weird AF codeshare thing). I was able to get it to work with another, similar option (then a schedule change happened and I got what I wanted anyway).

Ticketed fine and was able to use a DBC voucher online as well.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
I did about 2-3 weeks ago with a DL/AS/KL itinerary. One desired option didn't price (weird AF codeshare thing). I was able to get it to work with another, similar option (then a schedule change happened and I got what I wanted anyway).

Ticketed fine and was able to use a DBC voucher online as well.
Hmm, any chance I could bother you (or anyone else whos gottenit to work) to see if they can get this flight showing up on DL.com:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...L641;a=SKYTEAM

or this one....

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...0AF8;a=SKYTEAM
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Hmm, any chance I could bother you (or anyone else whos gottenit to work) to see if they can get this flight showing up on DL.com:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...L641;a=SKYTEAM

or this one....

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...0AF8;a=SKYTEAM
They only price out in full Y for about $8k
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by matthew64832
They only price out in full Y for about $8k
Gah. Thats my problem. I have miles on DL, and credits on DL.....but DL flights in that timeframe are coming out at ~$4k on DL.com. I could cover it all all at the google flights price....but 4-8k isnt workin for me
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
It would be great if someone would create a website to do this like Hipmunk or whatever. I'm sure we could raise the funds on here. I'm not a programming guy but I need to fly to Bucharest, Vienna and Stockholm this month. I managed to land a $2,000-ish business elite JFK-FRA on 10 July and then a return in old-fashioned business for ARN-JFK on 29 July. I cashed in miles using miles with dollars to knock it down to under $1,000. I then did FRA-LIN-OTP (Bucharest) on Alitalia for 11 July with another leg on Alitalia for OTP-LIN-VIE on 17 July. That came to about $400. I can't find a SkyTeam partner for VIE to ARN on 20 July, so I'll take a loss on miles for this one-way flight. I have until tomorrow to cancel what I booked, if someone has something.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It would be great if someone would create a website to do this like Hipmunk or whatever. I'm sure we could raise the funds on here. I'm not a programming guy but I need to fly to Bucharest, Vienna and Stockholm this month. I managed to land a $2,000-ish business elite JFK-FRA on 10 July and then a return in old-fashioned business for ARN-JFK on 29 July. I cashed in miles using miles with dollars to knock it down to under $1,000. I then did FRA-LIN-OTP (Bucharest) on Alitalia for 11 July with another leg on Alitalia for OTP-LIN-VIE on 17 July. That came to about $400. I can't find a SkyTeam partner for VIE to ARN on 20 July, so I'll take a loss on miles for this one-way flight. I have until tomorrow to cancel what I booked, if someone has something.
Not in business, but VIE-ARN is 7,500 BA Avios + $44 on NIKI/Air Berlin in coach, in case you have some BA Avios or Amex MR or Chase UR points. I consider this excellent value based on the cash prices on your date.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I tried this method and it worked for me! Very nice tutorial.

It was an all AZ coded routing too, but I wanted 006 ticket stock.

Lessons learned:

It is a very delicate method and if anything goes wrong, you will get errors.

If you start getting any errors at all, you will probably need to shut down your browser and start over again (or use a different browser).

I found that I couldn't log in at all at any point without an error, so I had to type in all of my profile information from scratch. An annoyance, but this method sure beats having to call Delta or a travel agent.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
anyone do this recently? after the website upgrades?
i continue to get error of "unable to process your request...."

did all refresh, incognito browsing, different browsers, cache clean etc.. but no luck
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
I got it to work yesterday. But, it was all DL and all domestic. For some reason dl.com wouldn't show me the itin I wanted to book so i tried this method. It works but doesn't show the pay with miles option. I didn't have to clear cache, go incognito or change browsers. Good Luck!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:55 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by topcat_dcx
anyone do this recently? after the website upgrades?
i continue to get error of "unable to process your request...."

did all refresh, incognito browsing, different browsers, cache clean etc.. but no luck
I just tried and was able to pull up pricing. It was for an AS/AF reservation. It has already been booked so I didn't go through the whole process but was able to at least get to the pricing page.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:47 pm

I tried booking the fare deal to DPS this morning and was unsuccessful. Had to resort to Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.