Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

(Untested) Guide for Complex, Online Multi-Carrier Bookings on 006/DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
If you are using an itinerary found on ITA Matrix and involving Delta and/or partner flights, the Book With Matrix tool will usually be able to pull up the itinerary on Delta.com easily.
Print Wikipost

(Untested) Guide for Complex, Online Multi-Carrier Bookings on 006/DL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:26 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Has anyone booked/flown a flight like this yet? Theres a MR im eyeing in a few weeks but its all on AF, would like to try running it through this to get it ticketed via DL (and use ecredits) to earn MQD as well....but dont want to risk it quite yet on offchance it all earns 0.

Also trying to get it to pull up LAX-CDG-JNB using:
itinSegment[0]=0:V:LAX:CDG:AF:77:MAR:19:2014:0
itinSegment[1]=1:V:CDG:JNB:AF:990:MAR:20:2014:0
itinSegment[2]=2:V:JNB:CDG:AF:995:MAR:23:2014:0
itinSegment[3]=2:V:CDG:LAX:AF:66:MAR:24:2014:0

V fares on ITA bring the total to ~850, running all this through gives all Y fares at $5500, am i doing something wrong?
Have you confirmed the fare rules that tktg on AF is not required for the cheapest fare?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Has anyone booked/flown a flight like this yet? Theres a MR im eyeing in a few weeks but its all on AF, would like to try running it through this to get it ticketed via DL (and use ecredits) to earn MQD as well....but dont want to risk it quite yet on offchance it all earns 0.

Also trying to get it to pull up LAX-CDG-JNB using:
itinSegment[0]=0:V:LAX:CDG:AF:77:MAR:19:2014:0
itinSegment[1]=1:V:CDG:JNB:AF:990:MAR:20:2014:0
itinSegment[2]=2:V:JNB:CDG:AF:995:MAR:23:2014:0
itinSegment[3]=2:V:CDG:LAX:AF:66:MAR:24:2014:0

V fares on ITA bring the total to ~850, running all this through gives all Y fares at $5500, am i doing something wrong?
See bolded above. Could that be your problem?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fti
Have you confirmed the fare rules that tktg on AF is not required for the cheapest fare?
I thought it should have worked.....unless i missed part of the rules

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
See bolded above. Could that be your problem?
in the original post:
"Now decide how you will split the ticket up, as far as stopovers. An R/T would have 2 divisions (0,1) and a stopover would have 3 (0,1,2). Prefix each flight with the number for its division."

I may have mixed that up, trying to make the JNB be a layover, theres an example in the first post which uses the exact same numbering i did. Eitehr way the flights are past and i dont see any coming up in my time frame with the similar pricing.

However i WAS able to force a routing i saw on ITA (IAD-AMS-JNB-ATL-IAD) which was priced out on ITA at $1071 on KLM/DL. The route originally did NOT show up on DL.com, alternatives started at $1900. Was able to use this to force it through to price out on DL at $1077.

http://www.delta.com/booking/priceIt...umOfSegments=4
which directed to the DL booking link:
http://www.delta.com/booking/priceIt...e1395641358551
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wonder how long this lasts before DL closes this.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wonder how long this lasts before DL closes this.
Why would they close it? This only lets you book legal tickets. Anything you can book this way you can also book over the phone. Furthermore, it's how Hipmunk et al. send traffic to DL.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:35 am

paul21, this is great. Thanks. Have you considered making a little query builder page to help prevent typing mistakes?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Can someone help me understand what is special about this? Can't one do this with multi-city searches?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Can someone help me understand what is special about this? Can't one do this with multi-city searches?
the advantage i see in it is that DL.com will sometimes not spit out the right trip when using multiple partner airlines. From my example i searched on ITA and got a routing that used DL and KLM for $1070. DL.com would not replicate this routing and instead gave me alternates that cost $1900+ all on DL metal only. Because of DL's new MQD restrictions if i bought the ticket via KLM.com even tho its all skyteam, i wouldnt earn MQDs as it wasnt a fully issued/ticketed DL ticket. By using this system i was able to force the routing to show up and price out the same as ITA while being issued from DL, thus allowing me to earn all the MQDs while still flying a partner airline
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:43 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Can't book or search for partner/OAL flights (except for some SkyTeam carriers) on DL.com.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Thanks. Recently I booked some tickets through DL from India to the US and I wanted some specific flights - VS and AF coded AF metal. Could not get the former but I was able to get the latter only through the phone reps.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
Because of DL's new MQD restrictions if i bought the ticket via KLM.com even tho its all skyteam, i wouldnt earn MQDs as it wasnt a fully issued/ticketed DL ticket.
Is this true? I have no experience to the contrary, but I thought that Delta handled all US-based KLM bookings, giving 006 tickets. Maybe that's just by phone, though, and not on the web sites?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jkatzen
Is this true? I have no experience to the contrary, but I thought that Delta handled all US-based KLM bookings, giving 006 tickets. Maybe that's just by phone, though, and not on the web sites?
I have no experience booking partners over the phone. When doing those routes in the past ive only booked online via their website, I may have a old KLM ticket from last year still sitting around here someplace i could check the number if i can find it to confirm.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
One watch out for is the inability to use the new upgrade certificates on any non-Delta marketed flight.
I have an itinerary that has one sector on a KLM flight even though my booking gives me a Delta flight number, but cannot be upgraded on this sector as it is a KLM marketed Delta operated flight.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by dd1612
One watch out for is the inability to use the new upgrade certificates on any non-Delta marketed flight.
I have an itinerary that has one sector on a KLM flight even though my booking gives me a Delta flight number, but cannot be upgraded on this sector as it is a KLM marketed Delta operated flight.
Was that not the case with the old SWUs? And are you on a KLM plane or a DL plane?

Also, did you book your itinerary using the method in this thread?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Fabulous, thanks OP! As soon as someone reports flying successfully after booking this way, can we please sticky this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.