Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is the worst Delta counter?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

While I haven't down to as many cities as many of you travel pros, I've been to quite a few domestically. However, I have never seen the utter lack of competence that I've seen in PHL. It's almost like they are trying. Lol

So what do you all think it's the worst?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Is PHL Delta staffed or contract.

That should be a point of difference on the assessment.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Loquascious
While I haven't down to as many cities as many of you travel pros, I've been to quite a few domestically. However, I have never seen the utter lack of competence that I've seen in PHL. It's almost like they are trying. Lol

Mr. Delta Bean Counter
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Who goes to the counter... except for international flights?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Who goes to the counter... except for international flights?
I go to PHL several times a year, have been doing so for years, and have no idea how to even find the ticket counter !

The only agents I talk to there are in the SC and they do a great job and have had their hands full this year.

I do get to the baggage claim area, but only when I'd staying at a hotel near the airport.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobH
I go to PHL several times a year, have been doing so for years, and have no idea how to even find the ticket counter !

The only agents I talk to there are in the SC and they do a great job and have had their hands full this year.

I do get to the baggage claim area, but only when I'd staying at a hotel near the airport.

<lol>

Bob H
^^^ with respect to the SC folks.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:57 am
Suspended

What Counter

I do not even use the counter for int'l flights. I am an all-carry-on guy and wait until the boarding gate to have the GAs scan my passport.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, I have not had trouble with the PHL counter in the few times I have used that... except for one time when they forgot to put the yellow priority tags on the bags for a family member traveling with me.

Of course, most of the folks in PHL know me, so that may make a difference.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Every time I've flown out of PHL, you'd get to the ticket counter faster if you joined the regular line instead of the SkyPriority line.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

I carry things in my checked bags that are too big for a carry one.

Originally Posted by javabytes
Every time I've flown out of PHL, you'd get to the ticket counter faster if you joined the regular line instead of the SkyPriority line.
Yep.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Yep.
I was flying back home after Christmas one year with my wife. There was a couple in front of us in the SP line at PHL. He was a GM. The guy's wife/girlfriend/whatever got tired of watching the other line move after a few minutes, and went to join it, over the guy's protest ("this is the Priority line!"). She beat him to the counter, which I think bruised his elite ego a little bit.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
I was flying back home after Christmas one year with my wife. There was a couple in front of us in the SP line at PHL. He was a GM. The guy's wife/girlfriend/whatever got tired of watching the other line move after a few minutes, and went to join it, over the guy's protest ("this is the Priority line!"). She beat him to the counter, which I think bruised his elite ego a little bit.
A few weeks back those weekly WX caused extreme havoc. The SP line was out to the skycap, they had one person working the SP line and 3 working the regular line. People were not happy. Finally when a red coat showed up, and people cheered lol.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver

PHL, LGA and DCA
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:39 pm

I think you should explain your statement in some detail. Was your failure to be more loquacious due to the fact that you don't know how to spell "loquacious"?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash
I think you should explain your statement in some detail. Was your failure to be more loquacious due to the fact that you don't know how to spell "loquacious"?
Funny guy! It's intentionally misspelled due to an inside joke you're obviously not privy to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.