Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
1 out of 2 so far on this route for 2015

Jan 25th - DL 427
DM on an H fare JFK-LAX I ended up #1 of 0 (which made sense, as the formerly-empty flight turned into a sardine can because the blizzard was hitting NYC on the 26th/27th). Was on the list at T-24.

Feb 4th - DL 1262
DM on a K fare LAX-JFK I got the bump as #1 of 4 available seats. Was originally on 1162, but saw available seats up front dwindle to 0 as the day went on, so I SDC'ed to the 757 over the 767. Worth it for the overnight.
Got on the list immediately when I SDC'ed 6 hours before the flight.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Used 3 of my soon to expire SWUs on June 2015 flights (LAX-JFK-LAX). It took several conversations to confirm inventory on the flights, but in the end my buddy and I are riding upfront on lie flats on the 76W. Needed a total of 4 certificates but only had 3, so I used miles on the last person/leg. We had to purchase K+ fares. Pumped I was able to use my final SWUs.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL: DM, 3MM; UA:1K
New policy per Delta Res

Was told today by Delta reservation agent that as of January 22, only DM can be added to the complimentary upgrade list at T-24. PM no longer allowed to be added. She seemed to be reading out of some kind of documentation, so it seems reliable to me. I'm traveling SFO-JFK next week and have been waiting for a GUC to clear from an M fare for a month. The flight started out with 16 J seats and is now down to 7. It seems like the UG success is pretty good using complimentary medallion upgrades, so I'll have to hope for the best.

Does anyone have experience for when GUC requests clear -- is there a certain usual window?

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pssinatl
Was told today by Delta reservation agent that as of January 22, only DM can be added to the complimentary upgrade list at T-24. PM no longer allowed to be added. She seemed to be reading out of some kind of documentation, so it seems reliable to me.
This was confirmed a while ago
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
This was confirmed a while ago
When did it go from T-6 to T-24? (Just curiosity, it doesn't really matter.)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
Anyone on DL 427 or DL 415 today - 2/19? If so can you let me know what the UG list looks like? I am on an earlier flight but currently standing at #3/2.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sethb
There was another thread on this (which im failing to find right now) about a month back?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
~1/23
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ab_initio
~1/23
If they don't clear til the gate (ie BF UG), then I don't mind waiting at T-6 to be automatically added vs calling in at 24.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I attempted to apply a GUC SFO-JFK for a flight yesterday; apparently it got removed from the record (GA couldn't see it, although at T-5 I was told it was present). (It had originally been applied several weeks ago but didn't clear.)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Strangest thing. Im flying today March 1 JFK-LAX. I called last night to SDC (DM on V fare) to an earlier flight and by luck I was able to get straight on to the new flight. When I checked in on the Delta app, in the section where it says zone, it has PREM even though I had an EC+ seat which should have meant I would be SKY.

Later on I was reading this thread and saw that they now can put you on the upgrade list at T24 which last month was T6. (flew same route Feb2/Feb5) so I called again asked to be put on the upgrade list which was confirmed but strangely I wasn't showing on the list and instead I was automatically upgraded straight to BE (Delta One) whatever they are calling it.

There were a lot of seats available upfront 13 or so or I might be the only DM (which I doubt) or perhaps it's new thing started today, or a glitch so maybe that is why but even so, I thought it was a gate upgrade at T30 and I even mentioned my confusion with the Agent but they weren't sure either, so that is that I have cleared my upgrade 24hrs straight to upfront!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Follow up: the flight is full up front.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nycflyer75
Strangest thing. Im flying today March 1 JFK-LAX. I called last night to SDC (DM on V fare) to an earlier flight and by luck I was able to get straight on to the new flight. When I checked in on the Delta app, in the section where it says zone, it has PREM even though I had an EC+ seat which should have meant I would be SKY.

Later on I was reading this thread and saw that they now can put you on the upgrade list at T24 which last month was T6. (flew same route Feb2/Feb5) so I called again asked to be put on the upgrade list which was confirmed but strangely I wasn't showing on the list and instead I was automatically upgraded straight to BE (Delta One) whatever they are calling it.

There were a lot of seats available upfront 13 or so or I might be the only DM (which I doubt) or perhaps it's new thing started today, or a glitch so maybe that is why but even so, I thought it was a gate upgrade at T30 and I even mentioned my confusion with the Agent but they weren't sure either, so that is that I have cleared my upgrade 24hrs straight to upfront!
DM now get Prem boarding like first class
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vgb2001
DM now get Prem boarding like first class
That's neat. When did DMs start getting Prem boarding? I missed the announcement, if there was one.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dailycavalier
That's neat. When did DMs start getting Prem boarding? I missed the announcement, if there was one.
Yesterday, just as I stopped being DM.

There was some experimentation done earlier, discussed in a few threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.