Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by JNA
The days of racking hundred thousands of miles is over with Delta. Even when I spend $9000 a year to satisfy the Platinum level I only get 81k miles. In the past years for the same amount of travel I would have racked well over 200k miles. They have really benefited from this change and their loyal travelers got shafted!
yet they are filling the planes up and making more money then ever. Gone are those days forever.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Why are airlines becoming even more mean, stingy and greedy ?!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
They were born that way, it just takes time for each of us to recognize it
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Because they can.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mrbiggs223
I've searched and can't find the answer to this...

If I have a round-trip ticket and I do not fly the outbound flight, will I still earn the redeemable miles for it based on the price paid for the full round-trip ticket? I'm assuming I won't earn any MQMs on the outbound flight since I didn't actually fly?

Thanks for the help.
Anytime you miss ANY flight, all remaining flight segments are cancelled.

I believe this is 99.9% universal in the world of flying. Any airline, any type of ticket. Full fare, discount, award, etc.

Any flight miles for status are tied to BIS (Butt in seat). You can not buy a seat but not fly to get miles.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
That's a little overboard.

FF programs are a sort of "rebate" program. It's just they are reducing the rebate you are getting now.

I am absolutely disappointed in all the downgrades in the program over the last 5 yrs to the point I don't see any benefit chasing status any more. The fact of the matter is the business could not sustain the level of "freebies" the airlines were giving out. It was great while it lasted but I don't have any animosity against the airlines for cutting back.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Quick question for you guys - I have an award booking for Aug, 2 people, in J NYC-CPH via FCO. They just did a sched change - 5 mins difference - I actually want to cancel the ticket and called to do so, believing the schd change would make it free. Agent said no, would be $150 pp to cancel/redeposit, only schd changes of 90mins or more can be free redeposit. Is this right? Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Quick question for you guys - I have an award booking for Aug, 2 people, in J NYC-CPH via FCO. They just did a sched change - 5 mins difference - I actually want to cancel the ticket and called to do so, believing the schd change would make it free. Agent said no, would be $150 pp to cancel/redeposit, only schd changes of 90mins or more can be free redeposit. Is this right? Thanks
That's correct.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
5 minutes isn't nearly enough to get a refund. I think the minimum schedule change needed is 90 minutes.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: DL, AA
This might be a stupid question but... I know you can transfer SkyMiles between accounts, but can you transfer MQMs to others?

I'm 30k SMs short of being able to purchase my boyfriend an award ticket home with me to Australia for Christmas for his birthday. I'd happily transfer my MQMs for SMs if this is a thing. There's just no feasible way I'd be able to earn 30k SMs in the next 6 weeks - and the ticket itself in cash is close to $2.5k.

I already have the Delta Gold AMEX and if I upgrade to the Platinum AMEX, the upgrade offer I'm seeing doesn't entitle me to the bonus 35k SMs after spending $1k in the first 3 months

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Lynnie11; Mar 8, 2016 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: TK *G
Not sure if this has been posted but I received this reply from Delta support. Seems like GMs are part of their cost cutting measures.

Effective 12/15/2015, physical membership credentials are no longer sent to Silver Medallion, Silver Million Miler, Gold Medallion and Gold Million Miler members. Do not request replacement credentials.
Edit: Found the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ns-2016-a.html
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I've read through and still not sure I'm interpreting properly, so I'll ask:

Ticket sold by AF, with KLM flight number, Z class, credited to Skymiles. Do I get distance based RDM, or purchsae price?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by angra
I've read through and still not sure I'm interpreting properly, so I'll ask:

Ticket sold by AF, with KLM flight number, Z class, credited to Skymiles. Do I get distance based RDM, or purchsae price?
My AF-booked AF/KL-flown LHR CDG JNB AMS LHR trip earnings this past week were distance-based RDM accrual.

Not applicable in your case but it looks like KL-ticketed, TATL, KL/DL metal is now spend-based.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:40 pm

With apologies if this rather simple question is answered somewhere else, but I haven't been able to find it.

I want to calculate how many MQMs I will get for my planned travel, so I can decide if/when I want/need to travel to make status. At one time Delta listed miles in the schedules for each trip. They seem no longer to do so. Short of just googling distances between airports, (which would probably be pretty accurate) - is there an easy place to go that I am missing?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:03 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You can get a pretty darn good estimate from gcmap.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.