2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
When bumbed, earn 0 miles?

Had an LAX-ATL-BDL, BDL-MSP-LAX itinerary all on an X fare.

For my LAX-ATL flight, I took a VDB. On my changed flights, also LAX-ATL-BDL, I saw them listed as a Y fare.

I see the inbound BDL-MSP-LAX miles have posted - 972 SM including FO bonus - gee, thanks DL - and 2586 MQMs.

But for the outbound LAX-ATL-BDL flights, I'm seeing ZERO miles with the "Reason Code" as "N" - "Activity is not eligible for mileage credit." No SM, no MQMs, not even segments.

Is this an error or is this part of the new program?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:53 pm

Just noticed the changes.. 10 years on platinum/gold on delta and this will be my last - switching immediately.

Who should I be looking at when flying regularly from LAX/SAN to varied destinations (US, some europe). Was considering the challenge on American.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ravan
Just noticed the changes.. 10 years on platinum/gold on delta and this will be my last - switching immediately.

Who should I be looking at when flying regularly from LAX/SAN to varied destinations (US, some europe). Was considering the challenge on American.
Given that UA is playing the same srt of shenanigans as DL that would seem to be a logical choice. Of course nothing says that AA isn't going to do the same once US is fully integrated in.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Main problem with AA seems to be limited TATL options, especially for awards, compared to *A.

Even the poor TATL availability on SkyMiles may be better than AA/OW.

At least TATL award availability out of SFO on AA seems poor.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Plat
AF/ DL RDM accrual comparison

Hi. So here's my question concerning mileage accrual on partner airlines for 2015. Looked here on FT but yielded no results, so apologies in advance if this has been addressed previously.

Looking at an AF flight, let's say it's a 10k miles nonstop flight for easy math purposes. Ticket cost is $1500 (Class V).

It earns the following per link below:
A) 25% Base Miles
B) 25% Total Miles earned
C) 100% MQM
D) 80% Medallion Mileage Bonus (Eg.Platinum status)

Just to understand correctly, is this what would get posted to one's account:
A) 2,500 miles (cancels out B?)
B) 2,500 miles
C) 10,000 miles
D) 8,000 miles

For a total of 10,500 RDM, and 10,000 MQM.

For comparison, for a DL 006 stock, it would be 10,000 MQM + 13,500 RDM (9 x 1,500).

Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ir-france.html
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
KL X fares are not in the earnings table.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:39 am

As a 2014 PM, 2015 PM flew an identical itinerary in January as I did in December 2014:

Dec 2014: DAY-DTW-LAS, LAS-ATL-DAY, 4496 MQM, 4 MQS, $380 MQD, 4496 base miles, 4496 bonus miles, 8992 total miles

Jan 2015: DAY-DTW-LAS, LAS-ATL-DAY, 4496 MQM, 4 MQS, $380 MQD, 1900 base miles, 1520 bonus miles, 3420 total miles

This is a typical price and itinerary for me and I was upgraded on all legs w/o using RUCs which was cool.

So if I understand the 2015 rules, qualifying seems to be the same MQMs and MQDs but Delta is crediting a lot less total miles (based on the ticket price) accruing less for mileage based tickets or upgrades?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by fredq2
So if I understand the 2015 rules, qualifying seems to be the same MQMs and MQDs but Delta is crediting a lot less total miles (based on the ticket price) accruing less for mileage based tickets or upgrades?
That's what I'm seeing. I'm getting about 50% of the miles in comparison to last year now that it's based upon price.

Seems to me that the only way to "make out" vs. last year is to buy expensive tickets on short routes.

The break-even point for me on my regular BOS-YYZ RT is around $409 in MQDs ($520 fare incl taxes). That's hard to justify when AC is popping up at $250 RT.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:21 pm

Sorry if i haven't gone through all 73 pages to check, but the wiki may want to mention that they took away award stopovers completely because of introducing one way awards. RIP that along with RTW awards. Some of the redeeming features this program still had along with no expiry. Also has anyone seen evidence of "more seats at the lower level?"

This is a general question, but I just wanted to confirm that booking a round trip can still save miles compared to 2 separate one-ways. In other words they aren't going completely southwest on us.

Last edited by LowLevelElite; Feb 3, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LowLevelElite
Also has anyone seen evidence of "more seats at the lower level?"
I'm seeing a lot more transatlantic low level options out of VPS. As in they actually kind of exist now. There was a thread a little bit back, and it sounded like I wasn't the only outstation captive who was seeing improvement.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:56 pm

Thanks beachmouse.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
Since I track my mileage with a spreadsheet,
Does anyone have a current DL spreadsheet they'd be willing to share?

A generous FT poster has hosted several sheets at http://stonecarver.com/flyertalk/spreadsheet.html , but I didn't see anything updated for recent changes. (I realize these could be modified, but I'm simply too unskilled at excel to attempt this myself).

TIA for any help!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
My first "Skymiles 2015" longer RT flight yielded 4,037 miles instead of 18,594 miles if this was last year.

I decided to at least send Delta what I thought about it... here's what I received back:
We understand the 2015 program updates affect members in different ways, but they best balance the needs of our customers and our business. We’re confident the updates are the right moves for our customers and airline.
Members who spend more with Delta now receive more miles, and customers who purchase lower fares still receive a great value for their ticket.
This model, based on dollars spent, is common for many businesses, including those in the travel industry. Hotels and rental car companies have used it for some time, and other airlines have moved in this direction.

You may now also enjoy more redemption options, including the ability
to:
-Redeem miles for any Delta Air Lines flight, with no blackout dates.
-Enjoy more Award Seats for fewer miles and more redemption levels overall.
-Take advantage of new One-Way Awards (half price of round trip).
-Choose new Miles + Cash Award options (pay for a portion of a ticket with miles and the other portion with cash).
-Experience improved Award Ticket search and shopping, including an all-new Award calendar.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bworrell
My first "Skymiles 2015" longer RT flight yielded 4,037 miles instead of 18,594 miles if this was last year.

I decided to at least send Delta what I thought about it... here's what I received back:
Yeah, that form letter gets sent out to any complaint. It's just about the same thing as sending out a message that says "Honestly, we don't give a $hit what you think." Seriously, same result. As such, I don't give a $hit either, so I'm happy to move to another carrier, even if it means putting up with connections. (... and I've learned that apparently my dignity is worth more to me than the time I save by direct flights)

Over a decade with Delta, Million miler .... done.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Award Miles Deflation

Good morning All,

I have finally reached the 200K award miles goal so that I could take a RTW but did DL just change their award travel price structures?

Even US to SE Asia Award Fares appear to have gone up significantly.

Any insight appreciated...I feel like I now need a wheelbarrow of miles just to buy a milk run...

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.