Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
Get to see earning for several domestic A or P fare first class flights go from what is currently 12k~14k miles down to 8-10k.
That's pretty good. In my experience i looks more like one half, if not one third.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
I just booked a VS flight on virgin-atlantic.com and delta.com has no trouble getting the entire ticket price, taxes & fees displayed on delta.com.

I am guessing they wouldn't have trouble making it also $ based for their JV partners?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:21 pm

I was just looking at the new award chart and I must say I do not trust Delta one bit. See how level 1, 3 and 5 are based on the old award chart? Mark my words. You will see an excess of 2's replacing 1's and 4's replacing 3's. Overall award costs will go up. That is an addition to the new mileage system being total rubbish. Forget calling them Sky Pesos. Lets call them Sky Dongs. FYI the Vietnamese Dong is rated as the worlds most worthless currency.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
the Vietnamese Dong is rated as the worlds most worthless currency
Was in Viet Nam in May. All they wanted were U.S. dollars. I had to hunt to get a souvenir dong (interestingly, they are plastic, not paper). I suspect Indy is right: the award chart will soon be abbreviated and not in FFers favor.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Indy
I was just looking at the new award chart and I must say I do not trust Delta one bit. See how level 1, 3 and 5 are based on the old award chart? Mark my words. You will see an excess of 2's replacing 1's and 4's replacing 3's. Overall award costs will go up. That is an addition to the new mileage system being total rubbish. Forget calling them Sky Pesos. Lets call them Sky Dongs. FYI the Vietnamese Dong is rated as the worlds most worthless currency.
Skydongs

^^^^

PQD...premier qualifying Dongs
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Reluctant Delta Loyalist
Crap. I hope that's not the case, but you're probably right. I had a horrible long haul Delta flight to Australia last spring and I was stuck in coach for 15 miserable hours. I was counting on the new one-way rewards to give me access to a one-way award ticket in biz class (my return flight will hopefully be on a Qantas first class using my AAdvantage miles- my stupid fault for thinking I could earn enough miles for a r/t premium award seat on more than one airline).

But it seems logical. It doesn't seem like Delta to make things easier for people to redeem miles for premium cabins. They won't be content unless they're making it impossible to make the most of our miles. DANGIT.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
VA ticket transferred to DL ticket - changes earning?

Thought I'd ask here before starting a new thread--

So, I had a VA ticket booked for 2015 with VA operated overseas flights. A month ago, DL changed some flights...no biggie. Now, I received an e-mail from DL that looks like a completely new booking with the changed flights AND DL ticket number (006...) ! Does this mean I no longer earn distance-based DL miles on the VA operated flights?

Can they do this to keep us from working the system?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I didn't immediately see the answer to my questions..maybe they are buried in the thread somewhere:

1. Will MQMs rollover from 2014 to 2015?

2. Do MQD's rollover from 2014 to 2015?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I didn't immediately see the answer to my questions..maybe they are buried in the thread somewhere:

1. Will MQMs rollover from 2014 to 2015?

2. Do MQD's rollover from 2014 to 2015?
1. Yes, assuming you have at least 25k MQM.

2. No.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee

2. No.
Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:24 am
AAL

Question on partial refunds/redeposits and one-way awards

I will soon be booking an award ticket for September 2015. I only want a one-way ticket, but will book a round trip or multi-city rather than just pay double miles for a one-way. (I don't want to wait until January because availability will probably be better now.)

Does anyone have any information on how Delta will handle partial award refunds/redeposits after 1/1/2105? In my perfect world, I'd be able to cancel the second half of my round-trip award ticket in January 2015 and get half the miles back. But I haven't been able to find any information on the availability of partial refunds after 1/1/2015.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Forget calling them Sky Pesos. Lets call them Sky Dongs. FYI the Vietnamese Dong is rated as the worlds most worthless currency.
Sky Dongs is an awesome new name!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
When is "increased availability" visible

Assuming that "increased award availability" actually means there are more low (current definition of low) awards available in 2015, any ideas when this shows up? Are there suddenly more Jan Low BEs to Asia visible on Jan 1? Like, actually more than one seat/flight? (I'd really like 2 low BEs to Japan in Jan on the same flight)

Thoughts?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by bobf
Assuming that "increased award availability" actually means there are more low (current definition of low) awards available in 2015, any ideas when this shows up? Are there suddenly more Jan Low BEs to Asia visible on Jan 1? Like, actually more than one seat/flight? (I'd really like 2 low BEs to Japan in Jan on the same flight)

Thoughts?
I seriously doubt there will be more low. Miles are a huge liability and DL needs to get them off the books.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by gooselee

2. No.
Do you think I can became Gold Medallion? I can earned MQM instead of MQDs requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.