FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New lax service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1553766-new-lax-service.html)

FlyingNat001 Feb 20, 2014 4:31 pm

New lax service

Well a good friend of mine who works for Delta at LAX just told me that are in the works on new services out of LAX.

LAX-BOI

LAX-AUS

LAX-BOS (we know about this one already and it is bookable)

LAX-DAL in OCT

StayingHomeIsBetter Feb 20, 2014 4:59 pm

The thread title can be interpreted in at least two ways.

Capitalization is your friend. :D

(Please accept this as a friendly jest :))

I wonder of I can book PHL-LAX-BOS... helluva MR.

Bagels Feb 20, 2014 6:02 pm

All flights have been loaded into DL's timetable. LAX-AUS is scheduled with 717. There's currently no other 717 flights into/out of AUS or LAX, so this is likely a bridge to establish 717 flying at LAX with additional flights being changed later. Allegedly the LAX/SFO shuttle is scheduled to go all-717.

Tremendous schedule changes going on. DTW is seeing a huge reduction CRJ in flying... a small portion is being rationalized/upgauged onto larger equipment, but much of it is vanishing. No surprise, really, as most of the markets seeing reductions are small/medium sized communities already seeing planned capacity increases to ATL, so naturally DL was going to cut elsewhere to keep capacity flat.

And as I wrote elsewhere, the planned seasonal LAX/ANC has been whacked and replaced with a third daily LAX/SEA instead.

N830MH Feb 20, 2014 8:30 pm

How about reinstating nonstop LAX-FLL? Can they have reconsider again?

readywhenyouare Feb 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 22388093)
How about reinstating nonstop LAX-FLL? Can they have reconsider again?

That flight was replaced with LAX-MIA.

N830MH Feb 21, 2014 9:44 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 22388252)

Right, they didn't resume nonstop LAX-FLL for 3 years already. That's why they cannot handle on it anymore.

DLdweeb Feb 21, 2014 9:52 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 22387094)
Capitalization is your friend.

Now that you mention it, I have had some lax service on a few flights lately...:D

heatz Feb 21, 2014 11:56 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 22388252)

yeah, and they went from 757s to 737s with avod only 20% of the time. Pathetic for transcon.

youngdlplat Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingNat001 (Post 22386956)
Well a good friend of mine who works for Delta at LAX just told me that are in the works on new services out of LAX.

LAX-DAL in OCT

I don't understand why Delta would start LAX-DAL but not LAX-HOU. I've said before that HOU-LAX / SEA would be major additions (along with NYC) flights that would really bolster Delta's position in Houston and make a lot of sense, IMHO, from a business perspective.

us2 Feb 21, 2014 4:17 pm

I thought LAX-DAL was contingent on getting gates at Love. Is that a done deal or is it still pending?

LAX-HOU would be a great addition.

keloutwest Feb 21, 2014 4:38 pm

WHERE IS DENVER??? HELLO??? :mad:

Guitarthur Feb 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Still no LAX-ORD/MDW.

jdrtravel Feb 21, 2014 5:09 pm

It's nice to see the Texas additions. While Texas is not really considered the western US, in some ways this really fills out the ability to connect to the western US without having to through hubs. Agree that both DEN and ORD would be nice additions.

ryerflyer Feb 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by us2 (Post 22393304)
I thought LAX-DAL was contingent on getting gates at Love. Is that a done deal or is it still pending?

LAX-HOU would be a great addition.

DL does NOT have gates confirmed at DAL as of yet. Book now at your own risk!

TheMadBrewer Feb 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by keloutwest (Post 22393405)
WHERE IS DENVER??? HELLO??? :mad:

I think it is Colorado somewhere :)