Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

East Coast Winter Weather "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" Waiver Posted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Its been posted.

Up to 4 inches in DC, 5 to 9 in PHL, 6 to 10 in NYC, 4 to 8 in Boston.

Key West was so nice last week.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Link:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...r-weather.html

Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Heading out to BOS in the morning. Looks like the snow won't come until evening rush, especially in Boston, so I think I should be fine. But it'll be interesting. Wish me luck!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Heading out to BOS in the morning. Looks like the snow won't come until evening rush, especially in Boston, so I think I should be fine. But it'll be interesting. Wish me luck!
May the weather gods smile upon your travel, and bring you on time arrivals or plenty of VDB opportunities... whatever's your thing.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:18 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Delta Northeast Winter Waiver Posted: Impact Dates Jan 21-22

Just a head's up for those travelers who are planning this week, there is expected to be bad weather in the Northeast, and because of this many airlines are offering waived change fees and fare differences if you're looking to make a change due to the bad weather.

Delta's Waiver: Winter weather may impact travel to, from or through various cities in the Northeast. Check flight status frequently for up-to-the-minute info about your flight plans, or get updates sent directly to your wireless device or email with Delta Messenger.

They are allowing one-time change to your ticket without fee if you are scheduled to travel to, from, or through the following destinations on Jan 21-22, 2014.

Impacted Cities:

Allentown, PA (ABE)
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
Manchester, NH (MHT)
New York, NY – Kennedy (JFK)
New York, NY – LaGuardia (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Newburgh, NY (SWF)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Providence, RI (PVD)
Scranton, PA (AVP)
Washington, DC – Dulles (IAD)
Washington, DC – Reagan National (DCA)
White Plains, NY (HPN)

You can view details of the other airline waivers which right now include American, Delta, Virgin America, and US Airways.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by javabytes
May the weather gods smile upon your travel, and bring you on time arrivals or plenty of VDB opportunities... whatever's your thing.
LHR BOS on Saturday...but that, coupled with my normal luck and slower winter traffic is likely too far past this week's storm to possibly benefit.

Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
At least, this time, Virginia Ave is not assuming that the Delaware River will prevent the storm in NJ from encroaching on PHL.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:34 pm

Glad I'm not headed to NY till next week!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Same here. Tragically it's on B6, where you never know what's gonna happen though I did profit greatly from the waiver two weeks ago.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Anyone care to give odds on a 3 pm arrival into JFK on Wednesday? I'd prefer not to take on extra hotel/car expense if my flight might go.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:06 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by The Weekly Flyer
Just a head's up for those travelers who are planning this week, there is expected to be bad weather in the Northeast, and because of this many airlines are offering waived change fees and fare differences if you're looking to make a change due to the bad weather.

Delta's Waiver: Winter weather may impact travel to, from or through various cities in the Northeast. Check flight status frequently for up-to-the-minute info about your flight plans, or get updates sent directly to your wireless device or email with Delta Messenger.

They are allowing one-time change to your ticket without fee if you are scheduled to travel to, from, or through the following destinations on Jan 21-22, 2014.

Impacted Cities:

Allentown, PA (ABE)
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
Manchester, NH (MHT)
New York, NY – Kennedy (JFK)
New York, NY – LaGuardia (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Newburgh, NY (SWF)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Providence, RI (PVD)
Scranton, PA (AVP)
Washington, DC – Dulles (IAD)
Washington, DC – Reagan National (DCA)
White Plains, NY (HPN)

You can view details of the other airline waivers which right now include American, Delta, Virgin America, and US Airways.
Surprised RIC isn't on that list
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I've had the pleasure of flying during every single weather event in the NE over the past two months.

Tomorrow I have CVG-BOS and switched from the 4p to the 1130a. Hopefully late enough in the morning for the CVG snow event to be wrapped up and early enough to get to BOS before a bunch of snow is on the grounds. If the aircraft makes it from DCA to CVG my plan might work...
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:44 pm
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Let the games begin.. in SLC trying to go to JFK tomorrow. Was on the 5 PM flight, however DM desk said they thought it was going to be cancelled. The 11AM SLC-JFK was cancelled already.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Anyone care to give odds on a 3 pm arrival into JFK on Wednesday? I'd prefer not to take on extra hotel/car expense if my flight might go.
The snow is supposed to end by early Wednesday morning in NYC, so your odds of success should improve greatly Wednesday afternoon.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
CVG-DCA already cancelled for tomorrow. Routed through MSP to DCA instead ... Hope I dont get to spend another night in an airport like I did during Polar Vortex I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.