Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
Summary of Changes and Frequently Asked Questions

These changes are effective May 1, 2014

This topic is a prime candidate for Wikipost. Let's see if we can't pull one together incorporating the details of the changes, as well as DLCorpGirl's responses to some of our questions.

SkyClub membership has been split into two tiers: Executive and Individual.

Executive members may guest two individuals, or immediate family (spouse + children under 21) without additional charge. Executive members may guest up to 2 additional individuals for $29 each per visit.

Individual members must pay for all guests. Individual members may guest up to 2 individuals, or immediate family (spouse + children under 21) for $29 each per visit.

Lifetime Memberships will be converted to Lifetime Executive Memberships, per DLCorpGal.

30 Day Skyclub Pass - this has been discontinued per Delta contacts.

American Express Delta Reserve and American Express Platinum or Centurion Card (not American Express Delta Platinum co-branded credit card, but American Express non-branded Platinum Charge Card) members may guest up to 2 individuals, or immediate family (spouse + children under 21) for $29 each per visit.

The fee for the Delta Gold American Express and Delta Platinum American Express cardmembers will increase to $29 per visit, per DLCorpGal.

Diamond Medallions may upgrade to an Executive Membership as a Choice Benefit or by using miles or cash to pay the difference. No confirmation on miles, but the cash difference is confirmed to be $145 if done by 3/1/15 per DLCorpGal. NOTE: Diamond Medallions have Executive Membership until 2/28/15. After this date, they will have Individual Membership by default.

Alaska Board Room membership is a workaround as of 1/15/14 for $450 1 year - $1050 3 years and includes 2 guests FREE or family. Note, however, that the AS/DL relationship isn't as good as it used to be and there's no guarantee that the Board Room/SkyClub reciprocity relationship will continue as it currently exists. -- As of February 2015 AS club membership no longer includes guests at Delta lounges.
Print Wikipost

Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Chaserxp215
I am assuming there are a few others with my problem. I hit diamond this year and also have the reserve card. It seems I have two forms of entry but still cannot get a second person in. This seems really strange to me. I would think diamond status would get me in and then the credit card would get 1 person in as well.

Has anyone had any luck with AMEX or Delta to get this to work? It seems as if the reserve card is a waste. You get most of the benefits from the Delta Plat. AMEX at half the price.
Personally I think a DM+Reserve holder should be given Exec membership.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I thought i heard something about the Sky Clubs becoming less crowded and more exclusive.....

I was in SLC today and I think it was more crowded than I have ever seen! There was nowhere to sit, the restrooms were jammed, and people were killing the food / bar. I made a circle and found solace in the E Gates. Yeah, it was that bad...
I spent several hours in the Boston Sky Club yesterday and was thinking how successful the efforts to make the Sky Clubs less crowded had been. Not crowded at all, it truly felt like the quiet oasis the Crown Rooms used to be . ^
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pbjag
I spent several hours in the Boston Sky Club yesterday and was thinking how successful the efforts to make the Sky Clubs less crowded had been. Not crowded at all, it truly felt like the quiet oasis the Crown Rooms used to be . ^
When has the Boston Sky Club ever been truly crowded, with the possible exception of the transatlantic departures window?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah BOS generally isn't crowded except for some limited times prior to the evening TATL departures, or if there are WX related irop going on.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I know the wiki has long said our club access as a Diamond Medallion retains Executive Membership only until 2/28/15.

But recently, the My Wallet section of Delta.com lists my Executive Membership as running until 12/28/15 (that's December)!

and it also lists an upcoming Individual Membership from 12/29/15 until 11/29/16.

I never had Skyclub membership except as a Diamond Medallion, so I don't know where the extra year came from. Not that I'm complaining
Mine still shows 2/28/15. Are you sure you read yours correctly?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I know the wiki has long said our club access as a Diamond Medallion retains Executive Membership only until 2/28/15.

But recently, the My Wallet section of Delta.com lists my Executive Membership as running until 12/28/15 (that's December)!

and it also lists an upcoming Individual Membership from 12/29/15 until 11/29/16.

I never had Skyclub membership except as a Diamond Medallion, so I don't know where the extra year came from. Not that I'm complaining
Originally Posted by sethb
Mine still shows 2/28/15. Are you sure you read yours correctly?
Mine shows Executive until 12/25/15 and upcoming Individual until 11/26/16.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Mine shows current Executive through the end of September 2015, and upcoming is Executive through mid-2017. At this point I can't even remember why these dates are what they are...I'd need to spend serious time researching it.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:13 am
UAL

Programs: UA
I haven't used SC for years so only learn of these changes today. According to DLCorpGal lifetime memberships will be converted to lifetime executive membership. Well, the how come I have not received my replacement card? Not a good business practice from Delta!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by jsbh
Anyone hear how/where we can pay the difference. I asked at my friendly neighborhood SkyClub today and they had no idea the option even existed.

How odd. Mine is current thru mid-March 2016 (yes 2016) and upcoming individual thereafter. I did submit a question to DL on how to upgrade the membership with cash and have yet to hear a response. That combined with the extensions to the Exec memberships here makes me wonder if they are initiating a grace period of sorts and just have not yet announced it.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Mine says executive membership valid through 10/7/15, with an individual membership after that (I'm Diamond + Reserve, never bought or upgraded to Executive). I too an hoping it is a yet-undisclosed benefit. But very odd that we all have different dates for when the Executive membership (that we didn't purchase). Guess we'll have to wait and see if we can still get in a guest for free as of March 1, 2015.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Originally Posted by UAL
I haven't used SC for years so only learn of these changes today. According to DLCorpGal lifetime memberships will be converted to lifetime executive membership. Well, the how come I have not received my replacement card? Not a good business practice from Delta!
Do you have a card with LIFETIME printed on it somewhere. Request a
replacement on the Delta.com website or your next visit to the SC.
Since you have not used the SC in a while you may have been forgotten.
Don't let your Life membership drift off into the Great Void.
With the Life time executive card you do not have to be flying Delta to use
the SC - show your Life time card at the check-in point inside the club.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Long lifetime.

I have a lifetime membership, and DL has advised me of my date of death. It is December 31, 2079. Based on this information from DL, at the time of my passing, I'll be 120.5 years old. So please join me at a SkyClub on 12/30/79 for a final toast.

Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
Mine says executive membership valid through 10/7/15, with an individual membership after that (I'm Diamond + Reserve, never bought or upgraded to Executive). I too an hoping it is a yet-undisclosed benefit. But very odd that we all have different dates for when the Executive membership (that we didn't purchase). Guess we'll have to wait and see if we can still get in a guest for free as of March 1, 2015.
Last week I asked at the Sky Club when my Executive membership expires. The agent told me that her system showed mine would end 12/25/2015. I told her I have a family trip scheduled at the end of March, and she said it should still be valid then and I could guest them (spouse and under 18) in. I have high hopes that it's true.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Posted by bonzaiflyer: Based on this information from DL, at the time of my passing, I'll be 120.5 years old.
Maybe DL is less generous than UA. I am a Lifetime member of the United Club and they gives my "expiration" date as 12/31/2099 (when I'll be just shy of 155 years old).
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta PM
Has any Diamond been able to use cash to upgrade their Individual membership to Executive, and if so, at what cost?

A rep on the Diamond line spent 20 minutes trying to find this out for me yesterday and simply could not.

She said: "Well, I found that you can pay cash to upgrade, but not how much or how to actually do it."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.