US-Asia Awards via Europe

Old Jan 18, 2014, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
US-Asia Awards via Europe

My niece is thinking of traveling ATL to Japan via Europe on KLM in Sept and wants to know if the she can do it on the 70K one-way J award . I told her no but I might be wrong. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:18 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Yeah no one ways with delta skymiles... anyhow and very hard to route via Europe as well (almost impossible)
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by flymanbeast
Yeah no one ways with delta skymiles... anyhow and very hard to route via Europe as well (almost impossible)
How so? AF/KL have decent award availability and you can be routed through CDG/AMS.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly747first
How so? AF/KL have decent award availability and you can be routed through CDG/AMS.
So what?
Delta and AF/KL hatesez eachother and DL will not allow preccciouss skymileses to be redeemeded for Asia via AffffF.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
For that you would need Flying Blue miles. Delta is limiting TATL redemptions to Asia to India/Maldives, but not further east. Of course, one can do US-Europe+Europe-Asia redemption and in some cases it may be less than US-Asia in high plus get you an extra stopover/open-jaw options.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.