Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by LBJ
The DOT rule says they can't charge mandatory additions to the fare once ticketed. Whether that means an airline can cancel and refund a mistake fare is somewhat open for debate.
Maybe so, but has nothing to do with displayed fares-- which started this kerfuffle.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:14 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
There's an active and sizable thread in the Delta Airlines forum on this pricing situation. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-glitch.html

I'll move this to the Delta forum and the moderators there can consider whether this thread should be added to the existing one. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, DL Amex Platinum, Avis Preferred
Wow. Of all the days to actually be on the actual site at the right time and the fares I was looking at didn't move an inch from last week. LGA>SDF>LGA . Not even on an error filled day can SDF be discounted. At least it helps with MQD's.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by coastertrav
So my Fiance and I have been looking for tickets to Hawaii for our honeymoon next September and I think I have struck gold. For a brief moment I was able to book two round trip, first class tickets from MCO to HNL for, drum-roll please...$166.60.

I am shocked, but called after booking to confirm the flight and all seems well, confirmation email received and Amex charged. So now, flyertalkers, what's the chance of them actually honoring this? I attached a screenshot of the confirmation email with identifying information taken out.
The odds are close to 100% that they will honor it, assuming that it was a legitimately-purchased fare from the glitch they had this morning.

https://www.google.com/search?q=delta+honoring+mistake+fare&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Thank God for MQD. I the past these folks would be lumped in with everyone else and just sorted by miles flown
Who needs MQD or an upgrade for that matter when you can buy full fare F for $73 on a transcon?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:25 pm

I booked ANC-RSW RT for $71 CAD on Expedia.ca early this morning. Thank you FTers!!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, National EE
My fiancee woke me up this morning telling me that Delta was having some issues... I jumped out of bed and told her to book it immediately.
She found ROC-LAX-SMF-ROC through corporate travel for $60.40, for a planned trip at the end of Jan.
Funny thing was corp red flagged it for a segment in 1st. She "justified it".

I managed to pick up ROC-SMF for the weekend.. for $55.

Love it.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
NEVER call about these things until they are dead. You ruin it for everyone else.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Seems like I missed this boat.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
will we be earning MQD and MQM on these fares?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by suvayanr
MQM? Yes. MQD? Not many...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
We'll be on the very high end of the MQM/MQD ratio.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:06 pm

but here's what i'm thinking -

this is a receipt from today's fares: FARE DETAILS: RDU DL DTT4.79DL CHI4.63DL DTT4.63DL RDU4.79USD18.84END DL ZPRDUDTWORDDTW XFRDU4.5DTW4.5ORD4.5 DTW4.5

this is a receipt from a usual fare: FARE DETAILS: RDU DL X/ATL DL BOS72.56VA21A0SP DL X/NYC DL SEA99.53VA14A0SN DL X/LAX DL BNA92.09VA07A0WG DL X/ATL DL RDU91.16XA21A0NA USD355.34END ZP RDUATLBOSJFKSEALAXBNAATL XF RDU4.5ATL4.5BNA3ATL4.5

there is no underlying fare basis for today's fares. Seems like the system has not nothing to issue SkyMiles on.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:14 pm

right now the fare is an A fare RDU-DTT, and a B fare DTT-ORD, but I'm thinking even if we get MQM on these, for SDC purposes, a) where will the system look for the underlying fare class and b) since this is a broken fare I could even do RDU-ATL-DTW-ORD for even more miles!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
there is no underlying fare basis for today's fares. Seems like the system has not nothing to issue SkyMiles on.
My receipts list a fare basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.