Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will delta honor a pricing glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)
Expedia Orlando to Hawaii

Wish you had not called, can't seem to get it to book. Anyone having luck?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Just got DFW-HNL in F for $88 a/I

My friend was frantically calling me saying that tix to HNL were super cheap- I initially blew him off, until he sent me the reservation. I was able to get the same fare through a 3rd party site, so hopefully will get miles as well
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Gamecock
Rubbing our faces in it I see.

Next time why not post your find on FT and don't call until the offer is gone.
Honestly I didn't know this forum existed before I went searching to see if it would be honored. I'm pretty sure expedia is going to call or email me and tell me there was a mistake and they can't honor it, or worse, a week out from the honeymoon we will become suddenly ticketless.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
DL has already released a statement that they will honor this morning's mistake fares: http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...honor_far.html
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that the contract of carriage has language for erroneous fares. However, it only covers zero basis fares. So, I think there is decent chance they will honor the fares.

G. Erroneous Fares
Delta will exercise reasonable efforts to ensure that all fares it publishes are accurate and available for sale, but Delta, as a policy, does not file nor intend to file tickets priced at a zero fare. In the event that an erroneous zero fare is inadvertently published for sale and a ticket is issued at the erroneous fare before it has been corrected, Delta reserves the right to cancel the ticket purchase and refund all amounts paid by the purchaser or, at the purchaser’s option, to reissue the ticket for the correct fare.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:42 am

Also, oddly enough, Delta Flight 277 looks like it goes from Hawaii to Japan, not LAX to HNL.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by cmd320
DL has already released a statement that they will honor this morning's mistake fares: http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...honor_far.html
Quick reaction from DL and I appreciate it especially during the holidays when staffing levels may be lower. Normally it's days before any word is given if at all though every deal is of course different.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
They will honor these fares... There go the BE transcon space for next year...

Congrats on folks who got in on these...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LBJ
There is no such law. Inventory can change at any time between the time you price a flight and the time you actually purchase it.
This is incorrect. The question to which you responded asked about a ticketed fare which may have been erroneous.

In the case of a US carrier, which DL is, OR an itinerary to/from the US, which these appear to be, the carrier provides a total price, along with the fare breakdown, along with the e-ticket receipt. The carrier must honor that fare.

The carrier need not honor an advertised fare which is not ticketed, although it could be fined for same by DOT if it DOT could prove that the carrier published a fare with the intent not to honor it.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
This is incorrect. The question to which you responded asked about a ticketed fare which may have been erroneous.

In the case of a US carrier, which DL is, OR an itinerary to/from the US, which these appear to be, the carrier provides a total price, along with the fare breakdown, along with the e-ticket receipt. The carrier must honor that fare.

The carrier need not honor an advertised fare which is not ticketed, although it could be fined for same by DOT if it DOT could prove that the carrier published a fare with the intent not to honor it.
I was specifically responding to the case where a price has been displayed, but the flight was not actually ticketed (or even purchased for that matter). The situation above does not apply to the poster.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Delta will honor mistake fare

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...honor_far.html

Delta released the following statement:

"For a portion of the morning today, some prices on delta.com and other booking channels were incorrectly displayed, resulting in lower than usual fares for customers. The situation has been resolved and the correct prices are being displayed. Delta will honor any fares purchased at the incorrect price.”
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by NYCflip
Ya, I saw NYC-HNL in first/BE for $171 this weekend. Was about to pull the trigger, but timed out. Doubt they would've honored it, but I guess I will never know.
NYC-HNL was $170ish on expedia.ca but I used kayak a found rt first class ewr-HNL $99:-) I bought 6!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:35 pm

Bought a ticket to ANC for tomorrow with these mistake/glitch fares. Fares are B and Q but flights are showing as not upgrade elgible. Anyone else?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
FARE DETAILS: RDU DL DTT4.79DL CHI4.63DL DTT4.63DL RDU4.79USD18.84END DL ZPRDUDTWORDDTW XFRDU4.5DTW4.5ORD4.5 DTW4.5

Intersting. I don't see any fare basis, even though they booked into A and B fares, respectively

does anyone have any idea how I can find these?

Last edited by suvayanr; Dec 26, 2013 at 12:51 pm
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)
Expedia Orlando to Hawaii

Just you have a DL ticket number starting in 006 you are good to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.